Home

How do you enjoy Madden?

This is a discussion on How do you enjoy Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you enjoy Madden?

I've played through more seasons in this iteration than the last two combined. I'm in the playoffs in my third year with Jacksonville and on the road to my second consecutive super bowl. The way I keep it fun is continuously changing sliders if I have a weird game but other than that not much. I have a blueprint every year of how I want to build a team and I go out and try to do that to the best of my ability. This year was all about speed on defense and an unstoppable passing game. So far I have speed on defense and an unstoppable passing game, but my speed on defense hasn't done much for me so now I have to change up my strategy and go after more power to go with my speed. It has been so much fun and trying to retain all of my players after two good years is a battle I look forward to. It has just been a blast. Gonna keep playing until MLB comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #10
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

I have an approach that I call the 5/11 method. Basically I play 5 games and sim the other 11. If I make the playoffs then I play till I lose(or hopefully win the Super Bowl). This does a few things. First it allows me to get through more seasons then I would ever be able to if I played every game. It also makes me have to draft and sign free agents responsibly instead of loading up a team with physical freaks but low awr. Those guys won't play well when simming. This also makes me have to improve guys with xp in a more balanced way. I find it's a good combo of playing the games and being a long term GM. I don't cheese with trading to get massive amounts of draft picks (I actually basically never trade except during the draft to trade down or up) so it takes way longer to get a quality team together. Anyways this seems to keep my interest pretty well because I can move through the seasons at a much quicker pace and nothing gets stagnate.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:57 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 2

I have really enjoyed this year's game as well. Probably my best Madden football experience in many years. I hit walls and have to stop playing for a few weeks. This allows me to somewhat get back into the game.

I also after that simming games helps keep it fresh by allowing you to get through more years. I can say that no Madden game has ever compared to the depth and time played our of any of the NCAA games. Having new teams every few years was enough to keep me interested.

That is why simming somewhat helps me stay interested. If you were a die-hard NCAA player, I feel your pain on keeping interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 08:04 PM   #12
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

This year I've tried something slightly different than I normally do. Before I started, I went through each team's roster and took note of weak spots, aging veterans who would retire soon, impending free agents who more likely won't remain, and ways to supplement a team's star.

Once I looked that over, I created a couple players to fit into each team. There are still holes in the roster to be built through the draft, trade, or free agency. I at least made a couple quality additions to each team, such as a QB and RB for Cleveland, defense in Tampa Bay and Indianapolis, Palmer's eventual replacement in Arizona, etc. No one is set up as a day-one starter as a rookie but are in a position to succeed.

I use 32-team control as owners in CFM and I have an investment in each team with the 3-5 or so players. For each week, I'll look at the most intriguing couple of games from each week and play those while simming the rest. I try not to play the same team in consecutive weeks if it's avoidable, if not, it's ok.

It's not the fastest way to get through seasons, but at least I have an interest in each team. With the 32-team control, I can make adjustments as needed to cover for season-ending injuries, unexpected success/failure as a team, and handle promotions/demotions based upon productivity. I can even add in various things that are excluded.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

I joined an online league that has turned into 2 extra leagues as well. Greatest thing to ever happen to Madden.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:30 PM   #14
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1

I am an offline only player. So I am disappointed (once again) with the depth, realism, and immersion that was present back in M-06 PS2. It is pretty but is lacking in all other categories. so I give it a 5/10.

The four things that bug me the most are: The scripted outcomes, the tedious training, the use of XP, and the lack of customization.

It feels like you are in a series of play now games that end up with the "big" play now game (Super Bowl). And there is no sense of being immersed in the NFL (emphasis on League). And I know that they worked on the menu screens but I really don't see great improvements with the side scrolling nightmare.

And how hard is it to add a Practice Squad, Play Creator/Editor, get rid of the silhouettes for created players, have more than a handful of faces for created players (or bring back Gameface), have assistant coaches, Position Battles, etc. etc.? I could go on forever with this list, especially since about 95% of the things that could make Madden great again were once part of Madden (or NCAA)?
Old 02-14-2016, 07:25 PM   #15
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
I am an offline only player. So I am disappointed (once again) with the depth, realism, and immersion that was present back in M-06 PS2. It is pretty but is lacking in all other categories. so I give it a 5/10.

The four things that bug me the most are: The scripted outcomes, the tedious training, the use of XP, and the lack of customization.

It feels like you are in a series of play now games that end up with the "big" play now game (Super Bowl). And there is no sense of being immersed in the NFL (emphasis on League). And I know that they worked on the menu screens but I really don't see great improvements with the side scrolling nightmare.

And how hard is it to add a Practice Squad, Play Creator/Editor, get rid of the silhouettes for created players, have more than a handful of faces for created players (or bring back Gameface), have assistant coaches, Position Battles, etc. etc.? I could go on forever with this list, especially since about 95% of the things that could make Madden great again were once part of Madden (or NCAA)?
Lol at this. While I agree cfm isn't nearly as in depth as I wish it were I find it very funny that you respond to the OP question of "How are you enjoying Madden" but telling every way you hate it and basically saying you don't enjoy it. Love it.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
twitch broadcast name: tdawg3782
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Lol at this. While I agree cfm isn't nearly as in depth as I wish it were I find it very funny that you respond to the OP question of "How are you enjoying Madden" but telling every way you hate it and basically saying you don't enjoy it. Love it.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
twitch broadcast name: tdawg3782
Yeah, I had to double check to see if I was reading the wrong thread.

This thread is suppose to be about how people are continuing to play Madden, not a thread to give your personal opinion of Madden.

Here is a thread for that in the future:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pressions.html

Last edited by roadman; 02-15-2016 at 02:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »