Home

Ideas to add "life" to a stale CFM

This is a discussion on Ideas to add "life" to a stale CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Ideas to add "life" to a stale CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungodfather
Sim injuries are crazy this year. We have to turn off injuries if there any games that are being simmed because they They happen to often. Seems like it's nostril QBs that get hurt even with higher injury sliders. 90 injury mariota gets hurt every season for me. Same with my buddies Falcons with 92 injury Matt Ryan.
was having so many injuries, i had to drop the slider to 3. then the following season, i wanted to have more injuries during preseason. upped it to 50 and no one was getting hurt.

weird.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:12 PM   #10
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
was having so many injuries, i had to drop the slider to 3. then the following season, i wanted to have more injuries during preseason. upped it to 50 and no one was getting hurt.

weird.

We have it at either 60 or 65, and don't really have that many injuries. There are some, but not like you'd think. Even at 70, it's not a huge difference, but I think this leads back to only players around the ball get injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2016, 08:00 PM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I really like the idea of having a range for injuries and not a set in stone time. This could allow for better use of the Trainer which is currently in the game. The better the Trainer the faster a player could return and the faster they get back to speed.

I also agree that more off the ball injuries need to occur. I also like what FIFA has done with injuries during training sessions. In Madden it could occur during weekly practice.

Practice is something I would like them to redo or revamp. I liked Madden 15 where I selected the type of practice and the XP was based on the player. I don't like doing drills myself as it is too easy. I think it should be a random thing.

I think one of the biggest things that could be added is an expansion team element to the game. It could be random or controlled by the user when the league expans. I like more user control.

The last thing I think could help is unlock the game so we can edit everything for every team including draft classes.

Sorry I know this was about injuries but I thought others might think like I do on things that could improve a CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #12
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Seems like it's nostril QBs that get hurt even with higher injury sliders. 90 injury mariota gets hurt every season for me. Same with my buddies Falcons with 92 injury Matt Ryan.

Workaround would be to go with the mouth breathers then.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:56 PM   #13
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
Workaround would be to go with the mouth breathers then.

Fixed it

Old 03-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #14
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Fixed it

Thanks. Makes more sense now.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #15
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Here is another idea to make the league less full of robots....

Rookie learning curve –I would love to see some kind of system put in place that simulates a learning curve for rookies. As it stands right now, nothing separates a 75 rated rookie from a 75 rated 10 year veteran, but it should. An artificial penalty if you will, placed on all but the rarest of rookies that makes them perform as most rookies do, a bit over their heads, making mistakes, getting crossed up on coverages or running the wrong routes, penalties etc. (Not physical downgrades but mental, awareness or play recognition)

As it stands now there is no reason whatsoever to sit or limit the playing time for a rookie so they can learn. In this idea if you start a rookie from day one he is going to have these issues early on but will progress more quickly then a player that sits for half a season.

Their learning curve still shrinks but at a slower rate….so if you are desperate or rebuilding you start your rooks but if you have the luxury to sit them and have them make their mistakes at practice they wont hurt you so much on the field but it will take a little longer before they get that veteran comfortability….
IMO it would another layer of organic feel and give the cfm player more real world decisions to make
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #16
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

I know this is not something that has been mentioned a thousand times but madden Absolutely needs a Halftime show/weekly wrap up/ Ticker/Gamebreaks. In my opinion all of them.
I am in my third season of my cfm and I don’t think I have seen the digital Cam Newton yet and or many others that are rising stars in this league. I am not connected to this league at all. It is just a collection of single games strung together in a season where I don’t really know what is happening without great effort. I have to go check injuries every game, look at game stats and league stats and standings to know what’s happening. (which is incredibly cumbersome to do) Even in doing all of these things I have not seen many of the stars of this league catch a ball or throw a touchdown or whatever in three years. A halftime show covering out of town scores and maybe a highlight or two, in game updates, weekly wrap up show and score/out of game stat ticker would go a long way to making this game feel like you are in a living environment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »