Home

New Podcast with guest Clint Oldenburg

This is a discussion on New Podcast with guest Clint Oldenburg within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2016, 11:32 AM   #41
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New Podcast with guest Clint Oldenburg

The Prima Guide says it just like Clint said. I trust Clint and and official guide that got its info from devs more than a random excel file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #42
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
As I said, if you guys have questions about specific attributes or mechanics post them here. I am working on getting a follow up to answer a couple attribute mechanics related questions from the community. Hopefully I can help shine some light on some of the things we have been wondering for a while about the game and how it works.

Can you ask what Impact Blocking rating does exactly?

Some say it's just for blocking in the open field for blocks that can knock a defender off their feet. Others says it's how long a guy can hold their blocks.

No one seems to know for sure

Thanks
Old 04-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #43
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Can you ask what Impact Blocking rating does exactly?

Some say it's just for blocking in the open field for blocks that can knock a defender off their feet. Others says it's how long a guy can hold their blocks.

No one seems to know for sure

Thanks

If you want to trust my "random excel file", then it's this:

Used to determine offense block fall rating

Used to determine if playing an impact fall is possible

Used against block shedding to determine the result of a cut

Used against block shedding to determine the result of an impact

*Fall = knocking them to their feet*

I copied and pasted directly from my doc
Old 04-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 19

1) In the Draft Classes, OL and DB's "Truck" rating is generated in the mid-70's.
Default rosters run very low for these positions (30-40'ish)

I know how it relates to triggering with RB's and other offensive skill positions, but animation wise though, is this the "triggering for running/driving through" the contact of a player in general?

I set this in the 90's for OL and there "seem" to be a greater triggering of "pancake blocks" on LB's and DB's.

My rating questions will deal mostly with "animations" triggering.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #45
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
1) In the Draft Classes, OL and DB's "Truck" rating is generated in the mid-70's.

Default rosters run very low for these positions (30-40'ish)

I know how it relates to triggering with RB's and other offensive skill positions, but animation wise though, is this the "triggering for running/driving through" the contact of a player in general?

I set this in the 90's for OL and there "seem" to be a greater triggering of "pancake blocks" on LB's and DB's.

My rating questions will deal mostly with "animations" triggering.

This is the best I can help you... Unfortunately I can't answer your question on the animations

Used versus strength to determine tackle type
Used against strength to determine tackle advantage
Used against hit power to determine hit stick tackle chance
Used to determine whether to mimic a truck
Used in combination with elusiveness against tackle to determine the truck tackle mod
Used against tackle to determine the break chance mod if a player should not dodge while leaning forward
Used against elusiveness to determine whether a player should dodge
Used against elusiveness to determine the chance of a successful lean
Used to determine the wrap chance for special move into a pile
Used in combination with juke move, spin move, stiff arm, and elusiveness to determine the broken tackle type
Used in combination with elusiveneess to determine the chance to break out of a wrap tackle
Used in combination with elusiveness to determine the chance to break out of a trivial tackle
Used against hit power to determine whether to cut or impact on a hit stick
Used in combination with elusiveness to determine the chance to tackle on a hit stick
Used in combination with elusiveness to determine the chance of a successful tackle on a hit stick
Used against hit power to adjust the chance of success for a hit stick
Used against hit power to adjust the truck aggression
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 04:17 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
This is the best I can help you... Unfortunately I can't answer your question on the animations

Used versus strength to determine tackle type
Used against strength to determine tackle advantage
Used against hit power to determine hit stick tackle chance
Used to determine whether to mimic a truck
Used in combination with elusiveness against tackle to determine the truck tackle mod
Used against tackle to determine the break chance mod if a player should not dodge while leaning forward
Used against elusiveness to determine whether a player should dodge
Used against elusiveness to determine the chance of a successful lean
Used to determine the wrap chance for special move into a pile
Used in combination with juke move, spin move, stiff arm, and elusiveness to determine the broken tackle type
Used in combination with elusiveneess to determine the chance to break out of a wrap tackle
Used in combination with elusiveness to determine the chance to break out of a trivial tackle
Used against hit power to determine whether to cut or impact on a hit stick
Used in combination with elusiveness to determine the chance to tackle on a hit stick
Used in combination with elusiveness to determine the chance of a successful tackle on a hit stick
Used against hit power to adjust the chance of success for a hit stick
Used against hit power to adjust the truck aggression
What we're doing Bird, is posing ratings questions to Clint whom has had a direct hand with the OL, hoping he can share info to clean up "assumptions" beyond the various definitions floating around, as it pertains to "actual" in-game functionality.

I already have a deep understanding with the correlation dealing with their in-game "functionality".

It's just most people feel satisfied when the information is in-line with what comes from the developer.

So we're trying to get further input about ratings from Clint since he provided information to put to rest the functionality of the "AWR" rating.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:19 PM   #47
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
What we're doing Bird, is posing ratings questions to Clint whom has had a direct hand with the OL, hoping he can share info to clean up "assumptions" beyond the various definitions floating around, as it pertains to "actual" in-game functionality.

I already have a deep understanding with the correlation dealing with their in-game "functionality".

It's just most people feel satisfied when the information is in-line with what comes from the developer.

So we're trying to get further input about ratings from Clint since he provided information to put to rest the functionality of the "AWR" rating.

Understandable... But from what Impact Blocking does in game, that I did answer. I'm sure if Clint answers your specific question on IB, you'll find what I posted is what he's going to say.. And probably with more detail on the how's and whys and make things a lot clearer than what I did. When it comes to what each rating does, that I can answer. But beyond that, I unfortunately do not know
Old 04-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #48
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
If you guys could ask five attribute/ game mechanic questions what would they be?
I've got a mechanic question. What was the thought process behind the re-designing of the "edge rush" mechanic. When it was introduced as "Edge Rush", circa 2012, the arrows for the edge rushers pointed more downward (slightly inward) so that the defensive ends would attempt to make contact with the outside shoulder of the tackle and constrict the pocket, while the interior rushers' arrows were severely pointed outward so that the width of the pocket was expanded. Now I didn't find that terribly realistic, but the edge rushers did attempt to get upfield in a realistic way.

Here you can see the ends, while ultimately making contact too soon, they maintain outside leverage while not widening out unnecessarily.

The past two years or so, the mechanic's playart was re-configured back to the way it existed for years so that all the rushers take that severe step outward, running away from the offensive linemen. It looks horribly unrealistic in addition to not being very effective.

The picture is a little blurry, but you can clearly see the arrows of the defensive ends pointed outward.

Here, it's subtle because it's Nickel Normal, but you can see the ends on their first few steps running away from the tackles. It's even more pronounced and ugly when you go to a Wide-9 set.

The defensive ends literally turn towards the sideline and run away from the tackles before turning back upfield to engage. This just isn't how it's done anywhere in football that I can find, and needs to be tweaked if the mechanic is going to remain part of the game.

Also, there needs to be an equivalent for 3-4 teams with their outside linebackers, because it has only always been available as a defensive line adjustment.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 04-28-2016 at 07:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »