Home

Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #57
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I hope the reference to Franchise mode means CFM is gone and things like formation subs and total editing control of a franchise returns.
They actually refer to it as Franchise mode in the menu last year, but i agree i would like to have formation subs back in the game..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1.jpg (66.3 KB, 150 views)
Old 05-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1
I normally don't nic pic much, but I notice the side line characters are looking in the opposite direction in the Pitt and Broncos screen shot. Little things like this just takes away realistic look of the environment.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #59
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Screenshots and Information, Is Gronk the Cover Athlete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. I been waiting for the stiff arm to work in madden for TWENTY YEARS!!! Lol. Or, whenever they first implemented it. Of course, it shouldn't work every time, but legit, if I like stiff arming fools and I spend my xp on stiff arm, my 95 stiff arm RB should absolutely lay out a 5'10 190 lb CB. U know? Lol. U ever play NFL game day back in the day? Now, THAT was a stiff arm! I remember the sound effect, 'jeBOW!!' Lol. That was a little arcadey, of course, and I don't want that, either, but it was so rewarding to set your RB up at the right angle on an incoming defender and 'jeBOW!!' In madden, it has ALWAYS felt like the stiff arm starts to trigger the animation, and then u still get tackled. U rarely actually break the tackle. So, I'm def curious as to how well this is implemented, as I used to be a big fan of running the ball, but when jukes and stiff arms and trucks never work, it just feels so empty.

Actually the stiff arm worked really good a couple Madden backs I think in 12??? It just been past couple that EA said they toned it down.

But I agree they need to fix it now if u press or tap the stiff arm the player doesn't even extend their arms out.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #60
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screensho

I believe they went back to calling it franchise mode in madden 16 bc some people were confused and wanted franchise mode back in the game.

Ball carrier cues sounds like what they did with catch mechanics last year, thinking truck will get you more yards but more chance to fumble, and there will be a cnservative option where you go down easier but hold onto the ball.

Improved defensive AI, sign me up. Hopefully it's means better zone coverage and reaction along with true gap control duties.

I'll reserve judgment on equipment bc we've only seen 3 players so far but new gloves are cool, but where are the lip guards(AB and Von wear them), mid forearm bands, single arm sleeves, speedflex helmet(Von Miller wears). Hopefully we see more tonight
Old 05-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIR924
I normally don't nic pic much, but I notice the side line characters are looking in the opposite direction in the Pitt and Broncos screen shot. Little things like this just takes away realistic look of the environment.
They look like sound guys to me with their equipment pointed towards the crowd noise?

Not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 10:52 AM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I believe they went back to calling it franchise mode in madden 16 bc some people were confused and wanted franchise mode back in the game.

Ball carrier cues sounds like what they did with catch mechanics last year, thinking truck will get you more yards but more chance to fumble, and there will be a cnservative option where you go down easier but hold onto the ball.

Improved defensive AI, sign me up. Hopefully it's means better zone coverage and reaction along with true gap control duties.

I'll reserve judgment on equipment bc we've only seen 3 players so far but new gloves are cool, but where are the lip guards(AB and Von wear them), mid forearm bands, single arm sleeves, speedflex helmet(Von Miller wears). Hopefully we see more tonight
I forgot about the improved zone coverage's the AI needs. I know Rex quoted someone as got you covered on that request on Twitter.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:58 AM   #63
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 17 Screenshots and Information, Is Gronk the Cover Athlete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Actually the stiff arm worked really good a couple Madden backs I think in 12??? It just been past couple that EA said they toned it down.

But I agree they need to fix it now if u press or tap the stiff arm the player doesn't even extend their arms out.

Part of the problem is they dont give us straightforward tools to tone features down or jack them up to our liking, my tastes are usually not EA's and were stuck with theirs without a solution most times.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #64
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
I'm not going to get excited about this yet. I still want to hear what they have improved in Franchise mode. Also it looks at least for right now that the only new equipment they added were gloves.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »