Home

Madden NFL 17 First Look Trailer and Five Things You Must Know About the Game

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 First Look Trailer and Five Things You Must Know About the Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #73
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 17 First Look Trailer and Five Things You Must Know About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
What's interesting about that though, is people back then felt like EA was hiding the game and not showing much. I'm sure you remember the Kotaku-ESPN fiasco. That was a mess.
Oh man I remember, that was a travesty. It also seemed to me that first reveal trailer was ALOT of CGI.

They're giving us real game footage with this teaser at least. There will be more to come. This was honestly just to reveal the cover athlete and people are looking for way much more out of it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2016, 02:50 PM   #74
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 First Look Trailer and Five Things You Must Know About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
This was a hype trailer, the first one they've released at all so far and it honestly was just to reveal the cover athlete.

Be patient, guys. We'll get more trailers and more videos. I'm waiting for nothing but what franchise improvements they've made this year. Seems like they're taking a BIG step.

Shout out to Roadman and JP for their continued faith on Rex and his team that they really are working on delivering us an amazing next Gen franchise mode

I am very confident in the future of franchise mode, like I said last year, and it's because I've seen/heard first hand what they are wanting to do. I think last year they were just trying to lay a foundation with the menus and mostly investing in resources for the future.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:22 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
People around here clearly don't understand the meaning of teaser trailer just to reveal the cover athlete.

This is why I stay far away from the madden forums. It's been real guys, later.

First news of the latest Madden gets lots of us "fans" going. It's exciting to me personally and I've checked what's what for years now.

That being said [and after continuous years of 'where's the realism/sim criticisms'] the newest Madden of them all is on one hand, touting to be "revolutionary" and "addressing the core three phases of football game play" while on the other hand featuring it's latest cover athlete in a not really spectacular looking gadget special teams play?

Clunky gadget special teams plays coming soon(TM)? That's our very first look at what's "new and/or improved" for this year's game?

Is that really being too critical?

Good for Gronk to get the cover. He seems a bit of a lunk head but damn he's a force in the game right now.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 03:24 PM   #76
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
First news of the latest Madden gets lots of us "fans" going. It's exciting to me personally and I've checked what's what for years now.

That being said [and after continuous years of 'where's the realism/sim criticisms'] the newest Madden of them all is on one hand, touting to be "revolutionary" and "addressing the core three phases of football game play" while on the other hand featuring it's latest cover athlete in a not really spectacular looking gadget special teams play?

Clunky gadget special teams plays coming soon(TM)? That's our very first look at what's "new and/or improved" for this year's game?

Good for Gronk to get the cover. He seems a bit of a lunk head but damn he's a force in the game right now.
I see where you're coming from, but let's keep it real man. The casual fan doesn't wanna see a missed field goal, or some other basic special teams play.

They wanna see the coverboy apart of a trick play, juking and dodging fools in the open field for a TD. THOSE are the fans this trailer was catered too, not the sim crowd. Our videos will come

Old 05-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #77
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg

Marketing made the decision over the developers to cast a wide net to catch more than the 5 to 6 million people that buy the game.

The trailer was not for us, it is what it is.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:10 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 2

I'm glad they gave us actually gameplay instead of a pre-rendered trailer that they claim is in game footage. The Madden 25 first look trailer still looks better than Madden 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VWVSwEtJQU
Old 05-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #79
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 17 First Look Trailer and Five Things You Must Know About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
I'm glad they gave us actually gameplay instead of a pre-rendered trailer that they claim is in game footage. The Madden 25 first look trailer still looks better than Madden 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VWVSwEtJQU

I'm waiting for the E3 trailer before I pass judgment on what 17 is. I believe Rex said this cover trailer was just to showcase Gronk, and Rex said it shows about 5% of what they did this year.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 0

Would have been nice to see a blocked field goal returned for a TD but I guess it would have been hard to fit Gronk in that situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »