Home

Madden NFL 17 Screenshot Featuring Under Armour and Adidas

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Screenshot Featuring Under Armour and Adidas within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
I'm not huge on equipment but EA we need mouthpieces in the game. You can't go & add all this new equipment & not add mouthpieces. I hope they get them in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 01:14 PM   #42
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

I'm glad that EA finally updated the cleats in the game but it will be pointless if they still look all blurry and deformed during gameplay.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #43
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Screenshot Featuring Under Armour and Adidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
I'm glad that EA finally updated the cleats in the game but it will be pointless if they still look all blurry and deformed during gameplay.

Can you clarify on this? I mean even in real life you wouldn't see cleats unless they are zoomed in up close shots.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #44
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Can you clarify on this? I mean even in real life you wouldn't see cleats unless they are zoomed in up close shots.
I don't think this is what he was talking about but I know with some of the current cleats in M16, if you put ankle tape on them it actually warps the graphics on the cleats.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #45
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Some of the cleats look deformed and the colors are off from the gameplay camera. Basically they become low res versions.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #46
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

I'm sorry , but the lighting and player models are still off . I mean c'mon, Gronk is the poster boy and his player model is way off from his real counterpart. I would think the lighting and realism would progress each year, but it seems like a very slow progression as compared to other sports games. As far as equipment goes, I doubt we will see mouthpieces because of facial scan compatibility.

I'm hoping the final product is more polished
Old 05-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #47
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
He's complaining about something with the game's mipmapping / level-of-detail capabilities.

Basically what happens is that as the distance between the game camera and a textured 3D geometry increases (in a video game or otherwise; Madden isn't the only thing that does this), the texture applied to that object is swapped to a lower-resolution version - often a power-of-two lower, so a 512x512 texture becomes a 256x256 texture which takes up a quarter of the space. This saves video RAM, which allows the graphics card to render more textures, which is necessary because of the wider field of view of the camera / "more things on screen". Graphics cards can also work with smaller textures faster so it speeds up rendering, which means the game can render more things while maintaining the target framerate, in the case of Madden 60 FPS during user-interactive gameplay.

It's a level-of-detail optimization that takes advantage of the fact that it is very hard to make out small details on fair-away objects. This also happens with the 3D geometries themselves; the game swaps out high-poly player models for low-poly player models the further the camera is away from each player. This is something that was very noticeable in PS2 Madden games if you messed around with the instant replay cameras.

What he's complaining about is the level-of-detail routines in Madden being overzealous; the low-detail versions of things are generally appearing too soon, to the point where the swap between the low-res assets and the high-res assets is noticeable. In an ideal scenario, the user is not able to see this transition.

Hopefully I didn't butcher that explanation, someone feel free to correct me if I messed anything up.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:40 PM   #48
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
I'm sorry , but the lighting and player models are still off . I mean c'mon, Gronk is the poster boy and his player model is way off from his real counterpart. I would think the lighting and realism would progress each year, but it seems like a very slow progression as compared to other sports games. As far as equipment goes, I doubt we will see mouthpieces because of facial scan compatibility.

I'm hoping the final product is more polished

I don't know about way off

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »