Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - New Hurdle Move

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - New Hurdle Move within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2016, 03:55 AM   #41
Rookie

EzMacK15's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Get off the soap box and be constructive; I get that there are several features/things in Madden that have regressed BUT there are several things that have improved over the years as well.

This thread is specific about hurdles so stay on point.
Do you really care about a "new" hurdle when we've been able to hurdle people for multiple games. The point I was making and responding to is that they always hype some stuff that shouldn't be hyped. A new hurdle, wow I really want to buy the game now. If you get that hype over stuff that's been in the game that's your opinion but I'd rather them do something actual worthwhile than showing us stuff that's been in the game. Those new jukes were in the last gen, I used to do them all the time. New swats? When haven't we been able to do a swat. Better zone coverage? Don't we hear that every year? The D line finally doing what they should have been doing (following where their gaps are) has been complained about for years. Blocked kicks will probably be complained about being OP within weeks of the release. Still no formation subs? That's crazy. New single sleeves that have been in ncaa for years is nice but not super exciting. Finally upgraded cleates and gloves? It's about time. I love football and Madden is all we have so I want them to do all they can, not just recycle and claim stuff as new. I just want the game to actually improve rather keep feeling like the same every year. As many madden games I've bought over the years I have the right to complain. I get bored of the game in like a month every year but I love football so i buy it anyway. Not saying the game might not be better, but I doubt it will be drastically better. There is a reason people criticize EA so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New Hurdle Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzMacK15
Do you really care about a "new" hurdle when we've been able to hurdle people for multiple games. The point I was making and responding to is that they always hype some stuff that shouldn't be hyped. A new hurdle, wow I really want to buy the game now. If you get that hype over stuff that's been in the game that's your opinion but I'd rather them do something actual worthwhile than showing us stuff that's been in the game. Those new jukes were in the last gen, I used to do them all the time. New swats? When haven't we been able to do a swat. Better zone coverage? Don't we hear that every year? The D line finally doing what they should have been doing (following where their gaps are) has been complained about for years. Blocked kicks will probably be complained about being OP within weeks of the release. Still no formation subs? That's crazy. New single sleeves that have been in ncaa for years is nice but not super exciting. Finally upgraded cleates and gloves? It's about time. I love football and Madden is all we have so I want them to do all they can, not just recycle and claim stuff as new. I just want the game to actually improve rather keep feeling like the same every year. As many madden games I've bought over the years I have the right to complain. I get bored of the game in like a month every year but I love football so i buy it anyway. Not saying the game might not be better, but I doubt it will be drastically better. There is a reason people criticize EA so much.
Trouble is, EA isn't hyping these 17 second trailers as a new addition from scratch. If people are hyping 17 second trailers, that is on them. I think most of us are under the impression they are enhancing on what they have in the game now.

On paper, this game doesn't appear the same as 17. We'll find out soon enough.

I just think your message has been pounded several times in the past and it starts to sound like the dreaded beating horse.

You would be in the minority of people on OS who gave up on 16 within a month, a lot of us are still playing 16 because of the much improved game play.

Last edited by roadman; 05-29-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 1

I think the hurdle is nice and all, but the run animation is so terrible that I either want Madden 15's run animations back including the QB run animation, or they go back into the vault and use this run animation from Madden 07 (starts at 1:22):

But what they're doing with 16 and now 17 is just too awful to keep putting out. I don't want players looking like they're having a stroke while they're running. They gotta do better.

Why can't they ever just fix something first before moving on to something new?

Last edited by Gridiron; 05-29-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:52 AM   #44
Banned

(((Deleted)))

Last edited by Gridiron; 05-29-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #45
Rookie

EzMacK15's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Trouble is, EA isn't hyping these 17 second trailers as a new addition from scratch. If people are hyping 17 second trailers, that is on them. I think most of us are under the impression they are enhancing on what they have in the game now.

On paper, this game doesn't appear the same as 17. We'll find out soon enough.

I just think your message has been pounded several times in the past and it starts to sound like the dreaded beating horse.

You would be in the minority of people on OS who gave up on 16 within a month, a lot of us are still playing 16 because of the much improved game play.
I still play it, I've done 10 seasons three times in CFM but that feeling of it being a new game wears of fast. In the end I get tired of the way the players run the most. I really hate that ice skating feeling when I do running plays. I keep playing madden because I love football but there are always so many things that they could have done to make the game better. I'll admit that 16 does feel better than 15 but I just see so much potential Madden could have and just wish they would go all out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 08:20 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 15

Running animations and locomotion (acceleration, de-celeration, footplanting, etc) has been Maddens #1 glaring weakness since Madden 06' came out for XBOX 360.

The Madden team has never found a way to fix this without breaking the engine. I will not get excited for another Madden, no matter how great the new features are, until the running animations and locomotion are completely overhauled.

Interesting thing is FIFA has one of the better locomotion engines in gaming. Really wish they could apply that to Madden. It would be a gamechanger.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:43 PM   #47
MVP

It doesn't make sense that you have such a large development team but the running motions seem to regress yearly. The running motions should of superseded all the new features and been number 1 on developers priority. I haven't purchased a madden in over 10yrs this just won't cut it to bring me back. I don't know how the same developers who created madden 04 can come up with such an abomination as with what we see in this clip. Madden will sell regardless but its a shame cause the game could be so much better if they fixed the running motion.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:48 PM   #48
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Madden NFL 17 Video - New Hurdle Move

Live ball physics, gap play, and modern zone technique are all more important than running animations IMO.

Hopefully they change them soon though, as they do look awkward from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »