Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - New Hurdle Move

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - New Hurdle Move within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2016, 06:44 PM   #57
Rookie

Cyborg_Jets's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New Hurdle Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It's cosmetic. It's how they look running, not the ability to run. Even largely goes unnoticed until comparisons are used or it's specifically pointed out.
Technically it's cosmetic sure. But not all cosmetic things are created equal lol
Old 05-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 1

When you have players running like Forrest Gump and Woody from Toy Story than it becomes a major issue.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:13 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
When you have players running like Forrest Gump and Woody from Toy Story than it becomes a major issue.

LOL. Now I see what people mean with Woody reference, with the wild swinging and high arm motions. Wow.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:33 AM   #60
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't really get the hype regarding the hurdle. Running in M15 was great, and had the great precision modifier for awesome stiff arms and hurdles...albeit sometimes over-powered, then it was nerfed for 16. So now it is semi un-nerfed?
Old 05-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #61
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

It's just calling out a new ui to perform them. Making the game more accessible is all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 06:25 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 4

With madden I either buy it every other year, or don't have a current football game at all. I bought 15 and I was disappointed by it, didn't get 16 because to me it was 15 with annoying on screen prompts and wr/db interactions that apparently weren't rooted in realism and further promoted unrealistic, arcade highlight football.

So here for madden 17, 3 months away from it's release with little information, yet we're here discussing a mere hurdle.

I also have concerns of fatigue making rb's trucking/elusive move effectiveness, go down a level. To me, that is unrealistic, and yet another gimmick to sell a yearly version of madden.

When I think of the best rbs, like Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch(I know he's retired, but he's the beastly type of rb I'm talking about), they never 'go down a level', that's what makes them great. Adding player specific animations and tendencies would have been a much better idea imo.

Here's one I heard on a football broadcast last year. Apparently, Adrian Peterson sets himself further back than any other rb in the nfl before the snap, which apparently has something to do with his great vision as a ballcarrier.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:27 PM   #63
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
With madden I either buy it every other year, or don't have a current football game at all. I bought 15 and I was disappointed by it, didn't get 16 because to me it was 15 with annoying on screen prompts and wr/db interactions that apparently weren't rooted in realism and further promoted unrealistic, arcade highlight football.

So here for madden 17, 3 months away from it's release with little information, yet we're here discussing a mere hurdle.

I also have concerns of fatigue making rb's trucking/elusive move effectiveness, go down a level. To me, that is unrealistic, and yet another gimmick to sell a yearly version of madden.

When I think of the best rbs, like Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch(I know he's retired, but he's the beastly type of rb I'm talking about), they never 'go down a level', that's what makes them great. Adding player specific animations and tendencies would have been a much better idea imo.

Here's one I heard on a football broadcast last year. Apparently, Adrian Peterson sets himself further back than any other rb in the nfl before the snap, which apparently has something to do with his great vision as a ballcarrier.
I'm sure if AD or marshawn ran the ball 15 times in a row their effectiveness would go down. They are superior athletes but they aren't superhuman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »