Home

Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope they change the QB throwing animations and QB under center animations cause they look terrible now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 04:00 PM   #66
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Big,

Obviously not related to kicking meters, a lot of folks talk about keeping a clean screen to help with immersion, turning off all icons, prompts, etc.

And I think what would really add difficulty is timing different approaches and leg swings, similar to timing different jump shot and free throw forms. Thumb stick swirl instead of buttons and you have a real challenge.

But I seem to be alone with alot of my wishes.
I feel you man, I have advocated for a cleaner screen, as well as real time transitions, ie personnel actually coming on/off the field, for immersion and the sense of it all happening live vs a video game but it is what it is.

For the record, I completely agree about the stick method vs a meter and have read rave reviews about that mechanic from years ago, so hopefully it eventually finds it's way into Madden.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:05 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
CPU kick returners have been terrible for years. I hope that was fixed too. And we need separate special teams sliders in franchise. There is no excuse for not having had this by now.

Overall a good blog. I'm hoping the kicks are more challenging with sliders that work. Last year's accuracy slider was broken.
They've been needing to overhaul this for years....

The CPU AI really needs to start being effective on special teams returning kicks/punts and also when it comes to punting

EA has ignored this aspect of Football for way too long IMO

There's never been a fear of a guy like Devin Hester in Madden on special teams

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #68
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

So Trick Plays are back in on ST'S anyway does anyone know if Trick Plays have been added back to offensive playbooks like Flea Flicker & others?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 05-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I like the swat option.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynral
I hope they change the QB throwing animations and QB under center animations cause they look terrible now
The ball physics on throws need improvement because the ball often flies out before the QB's arm even fully goes forward. Overall, the throwing is inconsistent. You have good animations where the QB is throwing with good fundamentals:

And then you have the QB's bending down and/or throwing wild:

Not acting like this is a big revelation, but on the real, it just seems like a lot of these things are like QA issues. I mean, how can you have one QB so fundamentally sound and the rest looking like a fool? Somebody has to notice that.

You can even find situations where the same QB throws with proper mechanics on one throw and then throws like he's never thrown a football before on the next throw.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:45 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
So Trick Plays are back in on ST'S anyway does anyone know if Trick Plays have been added back to offensive playbooks like Flea Flicker & others?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I don't think the flea flicker left. I see it in some playbooks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 11:29 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
The ball physics on throws need improvement because the ball often flies out before the QB's arm even fully goes forward. Overall, the throwing is inconsistent. You have good animations where the QB is throwing with good fundamentals:

And then you have the QB's bending down and/or throwing wild:

Not acting like this is a big revelation, but on the real, it just seems like a lot of these things are like QA issues. I mean, how can you have one QB so fundamentally sound and the rest looking like a fool? Somebody has to notice that.

You can even find situations where the same QB throws with proper mechanics on one throw and then throws like he's never thrown a football before on the next throw.
Please not the YouTube laboratory stuff on OS.
You slow any game down in replay and you will see the same mishaps.
That's every game, especially sports games.

I do understand biomechanics and the focal perception of the eyes, and it's "impossible" for your eyes to pick that up with multiple objects moving during gameplay.

So what's the point?
We don't play the game at a "micro" frame by frame level, so why post this as though EA is the only developer that has these animation hiccups revealed during slow-mo replays.

This type of focus can cause you to miss the overall fun factor and strides the game has made.

I really believe Rex and Co will deliver a game with a bigger leap than before, but if a gamers efforts is directed at stuff like this, I believe they're going to really miss out.

Just a thought!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »