Home

Madden NFL 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Bay Pro
I think they should have just called "Play the Moments" an upgrade to the previous "Madden Moments" game feature. This will not enhance my franchise experience at all. And I am baffled as to this was one of the "Franchise" mode improvements
Eh, Play the Moments can be huge for people with kids, work, wife, etc.... You can speed up a season if you wish, play all offense, all defense, etc..... and spend more time inside franchise mode.

For Madden, you need to consider your entire audience.

I think people are getting hung up on the "red zone" moments on the NFL Network.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #10
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
While I understand your premise.......why tout it as a franchise mode improvement though? I just can't equate the two. Play the moment reminds me of "Madden Moments" for franchise mode.
It is an improvement for those with limited time. Just because it doesn't seem like one to you, doesn't mean it's not. Come on man.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
It is an improvement for those with limited time. Just because it doesn't seem like one to you, doesn't mean it's not. Come on man.
So basically it's supersim. You could just as easily supersim to every 3rd down or every red zone trip and have "Play the Moment." Just not buying this as a franchise mode improvement. I am disappoint
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #12
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
madden 17 look like great game this year. i like see what i saw
Old 06-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I don't understand how "Play the Moment" is considered a franchise mode improvement. I just can't associate that particular feature with the franchise mode. Would have much rather have had expanded coaching staffs or a draft big board to increase franchise depth and realism.
It definitely counts as franchise mode improvement. I worked ~50 hours a week, coach high school football during the fall, am working on my masters online, and have a gf and friends I want to see. I simply don't have time to sit down and play a franchise mode like I would like because games take too long. With play the moment, I can feasible play 3 or 4 games during the week because they'll take so much less time while still being able to do the GM part that I love
Old 06-13-2016, 11:22 AM   #14
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
So basically it's supersim. You could just as easily supersim to every 3rd down or every red zone trip and have "Play the Moment." Just not buying this as a franchise mode improvement. I am disappoint
Which means you have to sit there and watch every single line of super sim to decide whether or not a 3rd down is pivotal or not, or you can press a button, play the highlight plays of your game and fly through a season. How you don't equate that to being beneficial for franchise I really don't understand. My last two seasons I've played almost exclusively on offense, nice to see that option as well as the moments option to make things even quicker.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
That's your version, the true version is it's enhanced version of supersim. I can play offense, defense, whatever I choose.

It's been said many times this will be a time saver for people with busy lives outside of Madden, ie kids, wife, job, etc....

The game is tailored for different audiences.

Options, options and more options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 11:28 AM   #16
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Last post as you aren't understanding the feature at all. Just throwing a blind eye as most do when they don't get their way on something.

There are other people that play the game besides you. The developers aim to please all groups of players, not just those who want to play every down in every game. It's really not that complicated to understand.

Again, I'm moving on, hope you do the same. Not trying to sound hateful but it gets tiring seeing people bash features that do please to other groups (in this case: people with limited time wanting to get more seasons in)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »