Home

Will Defense be OP?

This is a discussion on Will Defense be OP? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2016, 08:48 AM   #41
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will Defense be OP?

Looking forward to tough defences and slug fests! The Vikings won by controlling the ball and the defence playing tough, M16 didn't replicate that.

Tougher defence is also a gift for Punter progression, most punters in my franchise had regressed considerably after 3 seasons due to a lack of punt opportunities (and AI being aaaawful at placing a punt in the 20).

Everyone is also forgetting that user-ing a defensive player gives a slight boost. I user mostly DE and DT so it looks like my DBs are going to suffer and not be as OP. If you're used to user-ing a DB, M17 could make you a god!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2016, 09:02 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 1

this is as offline coach mode:

- im sick even with Josh's latest sliders having games that are 47-24 or 45-35. on D i can stifle the run and keep them under 100 yds on the ground, however with ARod he will get 400+ through the air (regardless of how good the WRs are) and even bad qbs get 250 in the air. This with a roster that is 98 ovr; a front 7 that puts pressure on the oline and the lbers are a solid group who can cover and secondary starters that have the best prc/awr/zcv/pur/tkl in the league

- if ARod has to get a TD in the last two minutes, it shouldnt happen on the first play after the 2 min TO to a deep ball where im playing safeties over the top, but also shouldnt be easy for me to come back straight away.

- i have yet to see def pi against the cpu but i always get it against me

- and every receiver on every team does the 2 toe touch catch on the sideline

i want a fair game where neither offence or defence is OP and ST importance is raised. i want the game to play roster calibre vs roster calibre with exceptional deviations, whats the point of creating a good roster if the game is going to be full of long bombs ignoring my personnel
Old 06-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #43
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
this is as offline coach mode:

- im sick even with Josh's latest sliders having games that are 47-24 or 45-35. on D i can stifle the run and keep them under 100 yds on the ground, however with ARod he will get 400+ through the air (regardless of how good the WRs are) and even bad qbs get 250 in the air. This with a roster that is 98 ovr; a front 7 that puts pressure on the oline and the lbers are a solid group who can cover and secondary starters that have the best prc/awr/zcv/pur/tkl in the league

- if ARod has to get a TD in the last two minutes, it shouldnt happen on the first play after the 2 min TO to a deep ball where im playing safeties over the top, but also shouldnt be easy for me to come back straight away.

- i have yet to see def pi against the cpu but i always get it against me

- and every receiver on every team does the 2 toe touch catch on the sideline

i want a fair game where neither offence or defence is OP and ST importance is raised. i want the game to play roster calibre vs roster calibre with exceptional deviations, whats the point of creating a good roster if the game is going to be full of long bombs ignoring my personnel
Lol A-Rod does that in real life though. Could you imagine if someone gave up back to back hailmeries totalling more than 100 yards (There was a holding in between), to send a playoff game to OT? That person on the other side of that would have raged so bad, come in here and blamed Madden, saying how unrealistic it is.

Anyway, with tighter windows I feel that the truely elite QB's should be able to thread the needle and hit their WR's in coverage, especially if they're one on one.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-20-2016, 03:43 PM   #44
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Based off of the videos we've seen today, there is absolutely no chance the defense will be OP, and IMO it is still under powered, primarily because of the edge rushing still not being strong enough.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

Last edited by jfsolo; 06-20-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #45
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Based off of the videos we've seen today, there is absolutely no chance the defense will be OP, and IMO it is stilled under powered, primarily because of the edge rushing still not being strong enough.
Yeah I saw those vids too, guy was on rookie, guarantee it.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »