Home

Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 04:10 AM   #25
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

Ugh...I don't know why they have to have a zoomed up low angle shot of the player after a play. It's like the camera man is literally on the field....it breaks the immersion for me...

I don't follow much about the game but what's that blue line when running?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 07:26 AM   #26
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, Clint said there are some outstanding issues with pass rush they are still working on.

Hopefully, that means more than just tuning.

I doubt it, at this point they've done all the can do with the current system which is basically the same system since Madden 2001. The only thing left to do is tear the current system down and build a new one.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:59 AM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
I doubt it, at this point they've done all the can do with the current system which is basically the same system since Madden 2001. The only thing left to do is tear the current system down and build a new one.
I agree it needs to be blown up(hello Frostbite), but willing to wait it out to see how close it becomes in retail instead of it naming it a wasted effort at this stage.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
The lack of pass rush in the Giants Cowboys video is downright bad. At one point a cowboy defensive end is within arm length of Eli and doesn't even attempt to grab him. This needs to be fixed before release
For the Cowboys the pass rush should be awful. Giants on the other hand spent a lot of money, but they are probably going against the best OL in the game. It's a really tough balancing act (how do you make the Giants 4 man pass rush a terror vs average to bad OL's but mitigate them against a great OL without having every team in the game do that? How much should the Giants pass rush be mitigated against a great OL? It's been an enduring problem for them.) You really don't want teams that don't have the horses up front to be able to just get to the QB with their front four, ie., Cowboys. But then you don't want a team with a great OL to also just give up QB tackles on a whim. But you want teams that invested in pass rush, ie, Giants to be able to get to the QB or at least push and collapse the pocket.

In the past they certainly haven't nuanced this via teams and personnel as much as the community would have liked and I'm not sure if that's still the case. From the looks of it, maybe, but we'll have to wait and see.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #29
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

How do you let good defensive lines dominate sub par offensive lines and struggle against top flight offensive lines you ask? The answer is simple ratings and animations my boy.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:50 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
How do you let good defensive lines dominate sub par offensive lines and struggle against top flight offensive lines you ask? The answer is simple ratings and animations my boy.
Of course this is where ratings should come into play BUT a key problem here is that there are individual player ratings and skill level sliders, in which the latter may have more impact on the former than we think.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:42 PM   #31
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

I'll stick with not playing my Madden 16. Gameplay just looks too similar. Not big enough improvements. Also, obviously completely abandoned true step since nobody but RB has it after all these years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 01:36 PM   #32
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

Ugh can we plz have the giants jerseys fixed. The blue is so off, its really annoying
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »