Home

Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #33
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

I was definitely on the fence about 17, and I can definitely see improvements.

That being said, not big enough improvements to warrant a 60 dollar purchase this year, I think I'm gonna wait and see what frostbite does for the game.

Line play looks atrocious and some basic animations still are just, ugly. Good job to Clint and his team for the major improvements over the past few years, but there's still too much of a ways to go for this game.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #34
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

That being said, not big enough improvements to warrant a 60 dollar purchase this year, I think I'm gonna wait and see what frostbite does for the game.

Line play looks atrocious and some basic animations still are just, ugly. Good job to Clint and his team for the major improvements over the past few years, but there's still too much of a ways to go for this game.

I feel the same way. I definitely like what I'm seeing but I'm waiting for Frostbite. I still see the same tackle animations that were in NCAA 14.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:46 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

That being said, not big enough improvements to warrant a 60 dollar purchase this year
Interesting. I actually pre ordered earlier than ever this year. I don't usually pre order till about a month-3 weeks until release. This year seeing what I had as early as I did, I pre ordered BEFORE E3 even. The final product looks VERY promising IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2016, 06:05 AM   #36
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3threatweapon
Interesting. I actually pre ordered earlier than ever this year. I don't usually pre order till about a month-3 weeks until release. This year seeing what I had as early as I did, I pre ordered BEFORE E3 even. The final product looks VERY promising IMO.
That's more than okay. Like I said, the game has taken significant steps and I'm sure it will be fun for a lot of people.

As for myself, fundamental football aspects are still awful in some areas, and cfm hasn't improved much whatsoever. CFM was my big selling point this year, and a ticker and player editing isn't enough to convince me.

I'm rooting for Madden and the team behind it, it seems like they really have nothing but good intentions for the series. It's just not enough for me to drop 60 bucks again.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:16 AM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
That's more than okay. Like I said, the game has taken significant steps and I'm sure it will be fun for a lot of people.

As for myself, fundamental football aspects are still awful in some areas, and cfm hasn't improved much whatsoever. CFM was my big selling point this year, and a ticker and player editing isn't enough to convince me.

I'm rooting for Madden and the team behind it, it seems like they really have nothing but good intentions for the series. It's just not enough for me to drop 60 bucks again.

If you belong to BB gamers program and still have 16, they might have the trade-in deal for 30 bucks again, wait for Black Friday deals, or wait till formation subs/coverage assignments make it into the game.

This way you can help support the sim nature the game is going in. Of course, I'm being facetious with this, but this is the same rhetoric we hear to support potential games on mobile and the like.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:25 AM   #38
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you belong to BB gamers program and still have 16, they might have the trade-in deal for 30 bucks again, wait for Black Friday deals, or wait till formation subs/coverage assignments make it into the game.

This way you can help support the sim nature the game is going in. Of course, I'm being facetious with this, but this is the same rhetoric we hear to support potential games on mobile and the like.
Oh no doubt about it. Once the price drops to around 30 bucks and the first few patches are out, I'll most likely pick it up.

I can see the direction the team is going in, and I can only imagine what Madden would be like if we had this team from the beginning of next gen. It's gonna take a few more years until we're really there.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:22 AM   #39
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

There were a lot of bugs in the line play and pass rush in the ea play build(Rex said it was finalized in mid-May) that Rex and Clint both said have been addressed now, just something to keep in mind when you watch these videos. I don't really understand making a purchase decision either way off of YouTube videos, to me the game has to be played to properly judge, but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-25-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:31 AM   #40
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
There were a lot of bugs in the line play and pass rush in the ea play build(Rex said it was finalized in mid-May) that Rex and Clint both said have been addressed now, just something to keep in mind when you watch these videos. I don't really understand making a purchase decision either way off of YouTube videos, to me the game has to be played to properly judge, but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which would be great if they gave us a BETA like NHL or a demo like a few years ago...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »