Home

Madden 17 kicking meter

This is a discussion on Madden 17 kicking meter within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #33
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 kicking meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
And if muscle memory serves you well then it won't matter in Madden either. Just like in real life. Funny how it works out that way.
If any user were to practice kicking to the same degree NFL kickers do you would have a point
Regardless that's missing the point ( excuse the pun ) why introduce any mechanism to account for the bogus conception that *iced* kicks are any less successful than any other attempt when all the data suggests otherwise ?
Old 07-03-2016, 09:32 PM   #34
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
If any user were to practice kicking to the same degree NFL kickers do you would have a point
Regardless that's missing the point ( excuse the pun ) why introduce any mechanism to account for the bogus conception that *iced* kicks are any less successful than any other attempt when all the data suggests otherwise ?
Bogus conception? The whole point of the meter is to diferentate the difference in normal kicks and clutch kicks.

It accommodates for the mentality that you don't have to have while kicking in a video game. Some of you have to understand there are things you can't replicate truly in a video game and have to be intuitive.

There is always room for improvement but this is a baby step in the right direction IMO.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 07-03-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:42 PM   #35
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Bogus conception? The whole point of the meter is to diferentate the difference in normal kicks and clutch kicks.

It accommodates for the mentality that you don't have to have while kicking in a video game. Some of you have to understand there are things you can't replicate truly in a video game and have to be intuitive.
The mechanism as I understand it applies only if the kick is **iced** NOT for clutch situations per se
Icing the data suggests is indeed a bogus concept
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 09:47 PM   #36
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
The mechanism as I understand it applies only if the kick is **iced** NOT for clutch situations per se
Yeah I get that..

What I suggested in other thread was a clutch rating that affected any clutch kicks by making the accuracy zone smaller dependant of the kickers clutch rating and accuracy rating.

This would account for the tough situations without changing the kicking mini game.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #37
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:

Eh sounds like a gimmick now. I would much rather prefer "composure" attribute or making the accuracy window narrower

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 07-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #38
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Yeah I get that..

What I suggested in other thread was a clutch rating that affected any clutch kicks by making the accuracy zone smaller dependant of the kickers clutch rating and accuracy rating.

This would account for the tough situations without changing the kicking mini game.
I'd be all for anything that increased the impact of ratings and traits in the game period including the kicking
But introdcing a mechanism to account for a coaching tactic that in real life has either no or a negative impact I'd say was unnecessary
Old 07-03-2016, 10:30 PM   #39
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Putting SuperSim on slow doesn't actually use SuperSim at all, you're literally watching the CPU play against itself in-game at that point. So if you don't want to kick field goals at all and just want to watch the CPU do it, that is indeed a viable option.
I get that but I'm assuming that the decision making would also still be based on what the CPU decides which isn't always what the user wants to do. It wasn't too common but I know when I used to SuperSim FG's there would be times where you want to attempt the FG but the game suggests you either punt or go for it because you're either deemed out of range by the CPU or you're behind and it doesn't think you should kick a FG and I'm just assuming that would still be the case with this method. It's not a huge thing but if you're someone who wants to use that method exclusively you're bound to run into that and it could be frustrating especially considering most of those situations happen at the end of halves and games.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #40

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Here's an idea...why not keep the meter the same but have the probability of a making a field goal with a perfect meter button press totally dependent on your kicker's rating. I.E. a perfect meter with a kicker with 90 KAC has a 90% chance of making it but if you have a perfect meter with a kicker with 60 KAC, you only have a 60% chance of it going through with a perfect meter.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »