Home

Statistical Analysis: Correlation between Combine Scores and Madden 17 Rookie Ratings

This is a discussion on Statistical Analysis: Correlation between Combine Scores and Madden 17 Rookie Ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2016, 11:59 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Statistical Analysis: Correlation between Combine Scores and Madden 17 Rookie Rat

hey zacification1, just wanted to message you cause I really appreciate the work you did here, so much so that I was actually using it to edit every player to match their combine/pro day numbers for the most part along and... problem is only a couple of the tables in the op are showing up now and I'm only done with 17 teams, so I was wondering if you could re-post them? again, much appreciated!
Old 10-24-2016, 12:03 AM   #34
Just started!

Re: Statistical Analysis: Correlation between Combine Scores and Madden 17 Rookie Rat

sorry ignore the above, didn't see the post explaining google docs... thanks again for your work!
Old 11-06-2016, 12:26 PM   #35
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by manEATgod
I still don't understand why people want players based solely off of combine numbers when play speed is more important. Who cares about 40 time that much?
Are there companies that actually measure player speed on the field like they do in the NBA?

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 11-06-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 09:24 PM   #36
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

40 time is speed AND acceleration. Also players are not rated soley by hard numbers. A 40 time can mislead and be inconsistent. When you're talking about differences or 0.1, what you had for breakfast that morning makes a difference.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:27 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 26

Please put the pics back up

Just call me Sanchez
Old 11-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

The best test of speed from combine information is the 40 time - 10 time. There is issues with consistency in the way the times are measured which make it imperfect, but at least you're taking out acceleration
Old 11-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #39
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

Updated to a 2.0 post version, hopefully the pictures are back up as well!

New England Patriots
Boston College Eagles
Old 11-14-2016, 10:52 PM   #40
MVP

Thanks for your work. This is tremendous as I have certain physical attribute thresholds for each position. You have made my scouting so much easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »