Home

Auto-subs discussion

This is a discussion on Auto-subs discussion within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 08:04 PM   #129
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Auto-subs discussion

Cowboys CPU split carries between HBs!!

Autosubs:
Hbs: 85in/83out

I'm also adjusting the D, since it's working!

To change the CPU autosubs and see them rotating more, was a pleasant surprise!

More info:http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-dskins81.html
Old 08-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #130
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm just going to update every game I play so you guys can see the how the auto subs are working.

All-Pro Default, 9 min, Acc Clock off, Sub In/Out 88/78, Fatigue 50

Car (me) 38 vs. Min (CPU) 26

Car
Stewart - 23 rushes 92 yds
Payne - 6 rushes 16 yds
Newton - 2 rushes -7 yds

Min
Peterson 22 rushes 104 yds
McKinnon 7 rushes 36

Looks like Auto subs do work for CPU and Human
Only bad thing I saw was Stewart disappeared with 2 minutes left in the 4th

I'm going to play another game but if my starting RB disappears Im going to change my sub in/out to 85/75 and see if I can get the Starting RB to stay in the whole game
Old 08-29-2016, 09:58 PM   #131
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
What if you raised the fatigue all the way and work on the auto subs from there . Idk just a thought

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I have tried that for 2 games. With fatigue setting at 100 and I was using the 88/78 for all positions besides QB.

Guys disappeared for groups of plays but were forced to come back because backups needed subbed too. Which supports my theory of why I tried it.. EVERYBODY CANT DISSAPEAR LOL check my post a few pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Cowboys CPU split carries between HBs!!

Autosubs:
Hbs: 85in/83out

I'm also adjusting the D, since it's working!

To change the CPU autosubs and see them rotating more, was a pleasant surprise!

More info:http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-dskins81.html

I think the sweet spots are 70-84 for auto sub rotations/ for HB - given whatever fatigue you want to set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
I'm just going to update every game I play so you guys can see the how the auto subs are working.

All-Pro Default, 9 min, Acc Clock off, Sub In/Out 88/78, Fatigue 50

Car (me) 38 vs. Min (CPU) 26

Car
Stewart - 23 rushes 92 yds
Payne - 6 rushes 16 yds
Newton - 2 rushes -7 yds

Min
Peterson 22 rushes 104 yds
McKinnon 7 rushes 36

Looks like Auto subs do work for CPU and Human
Only bad thing I saw was Stewart disappeared with 2 minutes left in the 4th

I'm going to play another game but if my starting RB disappears Im going to change my sub in/out to 85/75 and see if I can get the Starting RB to stay in the whole game

I used same setting on 100 fatigue and even 3rd string back got a carry. Your on the right mark as far as the range I am certain.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 10:36 PM   #132
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
I'll say this: fatigue at 60 and Flazko's auto-sub settings I saw some nice things. Best it's been in forever. OL didn't sub out and saw some great sub-rates on the DL and LBs. HB I don't normally pay much mind to because I don't have a feature back to begin with, but seemed to get good rates there too. Overall, even if it's not "fixed" it's definitely WAY better than it's been the last 10 years or whatever. Seriously, haven't seen DL rotation as good as I saw in my last game, ever, and no one disappeared either. Tentatively optimistic.
Do you use the retire coach work around to set the CPU auto subs? If not you'll see their offensive line coming off the field regularly.

Last edited by JayD; 08-29-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:04 PM   #133
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

Auto subs work but in game fatigue is broken/glitched causing players to disappear.

I've tried everything, i lowered fatigue in cfm and raised auto subs to 100-in 99-out and players wouldn't sub in as often i would like because they wouldn't get fatigued enough to sub out.

Second time around I raised fatigue to 70 and had auto subs at 100-in 99-out. I noticed much better d-line/rb subs at every 3rd or 4th play depending on players stamina rating, players with lower stamina would sub out quicker, but eventually around the third or 4th quarter starters would disappear.

Even in the pick a play screen where you can manually sub in a player, you will find your "disappearing player" is not available. Almost like he is hurt and out for the game. But in the depth chart screen in game he is there and not injured.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:18 PM   #134
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Do auto subs and fatigue even work for 'play the moment'?

Last night I set my auto subs and the CPU Bills ran the ball 6 straight times with the same running back. The Bills are usually a run first team but I found this kind of ridiculous.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
Auto subs work but in game fatigue is broken/glitched causing players to disappear.

I've tried everything, i lowered fatigue in cfm and raised auto subs to 100-in 99-out and players wouldn't sub in as often i would like because they wouldn't get fatigued enough to sub out.

Second time around I raised fatigue to 70 and had auto subs at 100-in 99-out. I noticed much better d-line/rb subs at every 3rd or 4th play depending on players stamina rating, players with lower stamina would sub out quicker, but eventually around the third or 4th quarter starters would disappear.

Even in the pick a play screen where you can manually sub in a player, you will find your "disappearing player" is not available. Almost like he is hurt and out for the game. But in the depth chart screen in game he is there and not injured.
This is a legacy issue with EA's football games in general. Full disclosure, this is the first Madden I've played since maybe Madden 10. I am loving it overall but over the past 5 years, most of my video game time has gone to FIFA. I drifted away from NCAA as the series went through its last few versions and really was never too into Madden, but got bit by the football bug this year and played it on Access and loved it. My point here is this- the last NCAA and EA football game I played before Madden 17 was NCAA 12. Before that I was an annual NCAA guy. Over the years and I distinctly remember this in 12 as well, this exact issue was present in the game logic.

I had 2 very good running backs on my roster my first season of dynasty and wanted to get them both out there as much as I could, so I adjusted the Auto Subs. A poster on these boards explained the issue very well to me then and it was more or less this. Fatigue/stamina depreciates over the course of a game. Players start the game at full 100 stamina, and over the course of the game it naturally decreases. So for example, maybe after the first quarter, if you ran the ball with the same back a lot, he'd be down to 85. To simulate real life, they designed it so that when players rested on the sidelines, they would regenerate their stamina, but only to a certain extent. So maybe this back takes the first series of the 2nd quarter off and is back to 90 stamina. This makes sense in real life, as you can rest up and be subbed out, but you won't get back to full 100% fresh during the course of the game. This leads to the problem with Auto Subs. Once a player falls below the stamina sub in threshold and has reached the point in the game where their stamina will not regenerate to that required rating, the game effectively has sent to the locker room for the remainder of the game. Ill try to be more clear about this below.

So for example, if you have sub in/sub out at say 90/85, this means that a player has to have 90 stamina to sub in I believe. But after a certain point in the game and running a certain number of plays, it becomes impossible for a player whose played enough to be eligible under the games logic to be subbed in again. If your stamina can never get to 90 again in that game, then the game makes the player disappear, as he has to have 90 to be subbed in.

This is a longtime issue with these games and incredibly frustrating that it is still around, especially for those who want to run with multiple backs and split carries like their real life counterparts will do. I am not sure what the solution was back in the old days, other than manually sub in players from the menus yourself and leave the auto subs at default. Obviously this is a big issue for simming/play the moment though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #136
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Do you use the retire coach work around to set the CPU auto subs? If not you'll see their offensive line coming off the field regularly.
No I did not. Wasn't paying attention to CPU's subrates.

In any event, stopping by to amend my last post anyway - second game with that setup, did indeed lose two players off the DL and I think maybe a LB too. Still good on the OL though, not one (HUM) sub.

At the very least I'll still say they seem to work better than they ever have (not saying much, but nonetheless). Just needs more testing I think nailing it down at least to the point where it's, you know, not total ****, is possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »