Home

A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim

This is a discussion on A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #137
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim

Here's hoping we can assign all 32 teams to the CPU and move both controllers to the middle before every CPU vs CPU offline franchise game during the season. Why can't it be that easy?
Old 07-10-2019, 10:55 PM   #138
Just started!

I'm looking forward to trying your sliders. Been playing offline CFM cpu vs cpu, and have a great team and enjoy watching, but lately my QB has been throwing way too many INTs. One game he threw 9 INTS. Makes the game unwatcheable.

One thing that improved things for me was lowering INTs from 45 to 40, as well as changing difficulty from All-Madden to All-Pro. I'm guessing on All-Madden the opposition is boosted, which takes away from the CPU v. CPU authenticity.

After scouring your threads a bit I noticed that accelerated clocks might be affecting things. That's interesting. I'm going to take it off. It's dumb anyways, as AI won't switch to no huddle until two minutes even when you are down more than one score.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #139
eco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTruth
I'm looking forward to trying your sliders. Been playing offline CFM cpu vs cpu, and have a great team and enjoy watching, but lately my QB has been throwing way too many INTs. One game he threw 9 INTS. Makes the game unwatcheable.

One thing that improved things for me was lowering INTs from 45 to 40, as well as changing difficulty from All-Madden to All-Pro. I'm guessing on All-Madden the opposition is boosted, which takes away from the CPU v. CPU authenticity.

After scouring your threads a bit I noticed that accelerated clocks might be affecting things. That's interesting. I'm going to take it off. It's dumb anyways, as AI won't switch to no huddle until two minutes even when you are down more than one score.
Houston we have a problem... if a qb yet have intercept when ea say that a superstar play like a superstar we have a true problem that ea need fix before release, our i no will buy it.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:55 PM   #140
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco
Houston we have a problem... if a qb yet have intercept when ea say that a superstar play like a superstar we have a true problem that ea need fix before release, our i no will buy it.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 09:54 PM   #141
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj32
well the only thing different is I am spectating on very slow speed.

Dont like any faster because then it loses all realism (even though its already poor in realism).

Also I am skipping cut scenes of endless replays, coach reactions etc..., just dont have the patience for waiting.

I dont know if this is causing the problems but did not notice any difference when skipping cutscenes or not...

Is smashing the X button constantly the only way to get past the cut scenes? Annoying watching the huddle for 15 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 12:47 AM   #142
eco
Rookie

dak preskot is a x factor /?i saw he defeat all x factor qb in youtube
Old 07-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #143
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco
dak preskot is a x factor /?i saw he defeat all x factor qb in youtube
Are you saying that Dak Prescott is beating all other QB with X-factors on YouTube videos you're seeing. Are these all CPU v CPU games?
Old 08-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Yes, there's a Q+A, yes there's a whole thread about CPU-CPU, but, it seems a lot of people are still real confused on how this stuff works.

So, here's the ultimate breakdown:

When in play now against the CPU or CFM against the CPU, the user can elect to enter the Super Sim menu either by pushing in the left stick or going to the pause menu and selecting "Super Sim."

Additionally, when starting a game in CFM, the user will have the option to enter directly into a super sim environment, either in play the moment, or any of the other options.

Either way, they'll be presented with multiple options.

This is the main Super Sim screen. This comes up when you access Super Sim from either the playcall menu or the pause menu.

You have 3 options. First is "Custom Play Options"

As you can see, there are four options: Play Key Moments (This is "Play the Moment"), Play Full Game (this is essentially turning Super Sim off and playing a regular game of Madden), Play All Offense (Defense is Simmed, user plays offense) and Play all Defense (Offense is Simmed, user plays defense).

If the user selects "Jump Ahead," they're presented with this menu:

This allows you to jump ahead exactly as the menu states. If you just want to play every 4th quarter, you can jump ahead to the second. The game will sim forward to the second quarter, then you'd re-enter the super sim menu and jump ahead to the third, and so on and so forth.

You can also jump ahead to the end of the game, which will allow you to essentially super sim all the way through the game. You can interrupt it at any time and take over if you want, but if you put the controller down it will play through to the end.

Now, for each Super Sim type there are 3 speeds. Normal, Fast, and Slow.

On Normal and Fast, you are presented with this screen:

It will show you the plays happening in a GameCast-like flow, with only the speed of the plays being shown to you changed by whether or not you choose Normal or Slow. On Normal, you'll be shown a new play every 1-2 seconds or so, while on Fast, you won't really be able to keep up as there are maybe 2 or 3 plays happening per second. Now, you are being shown the plays at different paces, BUT THEY ARE HAPPENING IN ACCORDANCE WITH TRYING TO GET THE GAME TO SIMULATE ABOUT 120-130 PLAYS COMBINED FOR BOTH TEAMS. I wanted to put that in caps just in case it was confusing. The number of plays actually happening is the same, but Super Sim is always calibrated to give you 120-130 plays no matter how long your quarters are or how fast you're wanting to see plays.

If you change the speed to Slow, you're going to get this view:

Good ol CPU-CPU goodness on broadcast cam.

This will play out like a normal game of Madden, except you're spectating. So anything that happens in a normal game (such as there being no linemen injuries), will happen in this view. The commentary will flow, there will be presentation, replays, etc. It's a normal game, played from broadcast cam, without user input. This is also tuned to have about 120-130 plays per game.

Now, you can interchange all of these options, if you want. So you can do Play the Moments with Super Sim Slow and essentially watch the game in broadcast, and be able to jump in for important moments. You can skip to end with Super Sim Slow and the game will play out in broadcast cam in full. You can Super Sim Slow to the 4th quarter and take over for the 4th. You can Super Sim Fast to the 4th and change to Super Sim Slow. You can Super Sim Fast to the second half then Super Sim Slow into Play Key Moments. You can Play all Offense and Super Sim Slow Defense. You can Play All Defense and Super Sim Fast all Offense. You can Play the Moments on Offense and Super Sim Slow Defense, etc etc. Any combination of these sets of options is allowed.

You can also combine this with 32-team control in CFM. So you can have the CPU control all aspects of the 31 other teams, and Super Sim Slow every game if you want.

However, there is a downside to this, and it's that the in-game ticker will only update user games that were played prior to the current game. So if there are 8 games at 1 PM, when you are watching the 3rd one, you'll only see scores from the Thursday game and the 2 1 PM games that you simmed prior to the one that you are currently watching.

If you do not enter games and simulate/play them to completion, they will not show up on the ticker.

I would ask that the mods sticky and lock this so as to not to clutter it up. If anyone has something that they want to add to this thread, please PM me and I will edit the post with additional information. Thanks!

dope, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »