Home

Wide open drops!!!

This is a discussion on Wide open drops!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #49
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Wide open drops!!!

I have mediocre receivers using the Rams, and probably see 1 or 2 wide open drops a game, sometimes 3. I feel like it's realistic. My guys do drop quite a few balls when challenged, but once again, because I don't have any top tier receivers, I feel like it's a reasonable amount.

When one of my guys does make a tough catch against pressure, I celebrate like a maniac, lmao.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #50
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Had one to Golden Tate in MUT solo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #51
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd like to see a pass go over the WR's head, into the ground, or even left/right of the receiver. Every pass is right on the money it seems.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #52
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
I'd like to see a pass go over the WR's head, into the ground, or even left/right of the receiver. Every pass is right on the money it seems.

What level? I haven't tried them all yet but last year's Madden in All Madden had the user QB throwing inaccurate passes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 09:08 PM   #53
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr

I've had a lot of really bad throws. Are you guys adjusting sliders?
I'm still messing with mine as I'm waiting on the next patch and tune before really going at it slider wise.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #54
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

I've played about 10 games so far and I've seen a few drops that were frustrating, but often there were defenders in the area, so I wrote them off. However, this last game I played was Chiefs(me) vs Browns (cpu). My receivers were dropping a lot of passes when wide open and nobody within 5 yards of them. I won't say I had 5 in a row, but I had at least 5 really bad ones throughout the game that were unacceptable IMO.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:25 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
played a couple of game, i didn`t see any issues with it. i love that WR are not magnetic. we all complain about how we want players to play to their ratings that QB are all the same if they are too accurate, personally WR was anothoer position were i felt they were all the same. I`m glad that catching is realistic now.

the older i get i realize that people who said they want realism, they just don`t want realism.

erratic passes, they complain
realistic drops, they complain

this happens every sunday several times per game.
wide open drops are anything but prevalent in the NFL. I don't know the true % rates people are seeing, but we shouldn't dismiss the complaint out of hand without actually knowing whether the % open drop rate is close to NFL Sundays or is out of proportion.

Note: I'm not saying wide open drops don't happen ... just not a very high % of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
I've played about 10 games so far and I've seen a few drops that were frustrating, but often there were defenders in the area, so I wrote them off. However, this last game I played was Chiefs(me) vs Browns (cpu). My receivers were dropping a lot of passes when wide open and nobody within 5 yards of them. I won't say I had 5 in a row, but I had at least 5 really bad ones throughout the game that were unacceptable IMO.
a couple a game is probably not too far off NFL average, and some games would feature no 'wide open' drops. Drops due to coverage / getting hit etc, sure, but open drops are probably less than 5-7% of pass plays in the NFL IIRC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »