Home

Auto-Cuts in CFM?

This is a discussion on Auto-Cuts in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 01:55 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Auto-Cuts in CFM?

I've run in to this as well on ps4. The weird thing is, it was happening without me even advancing, I'd cut two guys, then go to directly to the transaction screen to see how many guys it showed me releasing, and it would show three guys, so it wasn't happening while I was advancing weeks. I tried making cuts in both the big decision screen and the roster screen and got the same result. I had one guy on IR, so I even tried making one extra cut, but the cpu would still make one additional cut for me. Finally, I tried with no pre existing injuries and everything seems to work fine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 06:43 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

This has happened to me as well. Playing on PS4, coach CFM as the Rams. Between weeks 2 and 3 of the pre season I had to cut two players. I picked my two players and cut them and advanced. I just happened to be looking through my roster and noticed that Pharroh Cooper was gone from my team. He's currently my lowest rated WR at a 61 OVR but I wanted to develop him.

I checked the FA wire and sure enough, the CPU cut Cooper. I resigned him and then edited his contract back to where it was.

Why is the CPU releasing my players when I have all CPU roster assists set to "off"?

How many times has this already happened but I didn't catch it because it wasn't a player I was following?

Between this, the excessive QB fumbles, losing all three starting QB's in one game due to an insane injury tuning, I have to wait for the patch. I can't play CFM with it in this state, and this is beyond infuriating at this point. When can we get a new version of Madden where CFM isn't horrifically broken out of the box? Why do the paying customers have to wait through a six month cycle of patches to enjoy CFM?

This is getting brutally old.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 11

This just happened to me yesterday. One of my teams I control is the lions. I didn't notice until I got through the preseason with my 8 teams I control. I was really looking forward to developing Jay Lee the WR from Baylor for my Lions. He was a suggested week 1 or 2 cut. I cut other players trying to keep him. Then noticed he was off my roster. Then when I went to FA, nothing. Not there. Went through every other team and he's not there. So what happened to him?
Old 08-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #44
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

well this really has to be patched before we start our CFM online. I dont have time to be going thru and trying to fix the contracts on all the guys , my ownes have to pick back up from fa.Heck i wont even know what their contracts were unless i start another cfm, look it up, write it down , then go back to cfm and edit all that stuff. too much a dang headache.Hope this gets patched soon.

Would be nice if the CPU wouldnt be allowed to cut ANYONE from ANYTEAM until the advance past week 1 of preseason.Dang come on EA.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #45
MVP

briz1046's Arena

I've had a reply on twitter from John White regarding this and he has confirmed they are looking into it , so at least they are aware it's an issue and a solution may be forthcoming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #46
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I've had a reply on twitter from John White regarding this and he has confirmed they are looking into it , so at least they are aware it's an issue and a solution may be forthcoming
Hope its soon, and really hope they address cpu just cutting guys before your owners even get a chance to join. thats sucks so bad for online leagues.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #47
Rookie

I can confirm this happened to me too. The game cut one of my WR to the practice squad as i advanced to week one even though i was at 53 players. I couldmre add him but it was disconcerting.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
I can confirm this happened to me too. The game cut one of my WR to the practice squad as i advanced to week one even though i was at 53 players. I couldmre add him but it was disconcerting.
Happening to me as well on Ps4, thought I was losing my mind because it kept happening with Braverman on the Bears roster even though I didn't release him. Had to start over several times before I figured out what was happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »