Home

Charles Davis Needs to Talk Less

This is a discussion on Charles Davis Needs to Talk Less within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #25
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Charles Davis Needs to Talk Less

I absolutely enjoy how talkative Gaudin and Davis are this year.

If I could offer any suggestion, it'd be allowing conversations to go on over multiple plays, specifically allowing them to be interrupted and resumed. For example, maybe Gaudin and Davis are chatting about Dak Prescott's rise this preseason, they stop their conversation a tad short as the play starts, Gaudin calls the play - "Elliott picks up three yards on the first-down carry" - and then the two resume talking about Prescott. That I think is a logical next step, functionality-wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 06:57 PM   #26
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the new crew, far better than Nantz/Simms. The simple fact they are adding commentary once a week (assuming they stick to their word) is very progressive and advances the technology, IMO, makes it the best commentary in a sports game. When playing yesterday I thought it was cool that they acknowledged that this is "Madden week".

I still wish Gaudin (and all PBP announcers in all sports games) would raise their level of excitement given the moment in the game, season (playoffs), and specifically on individual plays, as a ball carrier breaks free into the open and is working his way to the goal line for a TD.

I think a good summary of Madden 17's commentary is encapsulated in one situation, one line of commentary: Playing as the Eagles, I played a game in San Diego. Can't remember if it was Gaudin or Davis, but one of them mentioned how Darren Sproles was returning to the city that he played 3 seasons in -- NEW ORLEANS. Errrrr! Wrong city! (Yes, I know Sproles most recently came from N.O. via trade, obviously.) On an unrelated note, reminds me of that old Southwest commercial with the musicians on stage: "Thank you, Detroit, We love you! ... Detroit was last night." -- D'oh!
Old 08-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Stop pressing x and skipping scenes and don't rush to snap the ball and it plays I it correctly.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #28
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

I want more commentary not less. Simms and Nance had less and they started saying the same things for 3 Maddens. Don't ruin this for us lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 07:21 PM   #29
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utfellar
Stop pressing x and skipping scenes and don't rush to snap the ball and it plays I it correctly.
This, although it makes the game last so long playing 15 minute quarters
Old 08-26-2016, 07:47 PM   #30
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
Okay so apperently they talk about taking a knee but also talk about the down and distance. I just played a game and this time they did a really good job noticing the game situation and saying they expect to see a kneel down here after taking into account the score, timeouts and clock left. I'm not sure what happened the first couple of times I was in that situation.

I'm thinking that if it requires you to take over a minute off the clock with 3 kneel downs and you blew the opponent out so they won't even bother using the timeouts they have, they might not talk about taking kneel downs. I do remember the earlier games I played were blowouts with 3 kneel downs. This past game was a close one with like 20 second left and only required one kneel down. I'll look more into this with fu ture games.
I agree that they need more contextual/situational commentary based off of time and score. Mentioning a 3 and out on the previous defensive possession, when the other team was just running clock because they're winning 30-7, is of course illogical.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Count me in as someone who loves the new commentary.....and not to beat a dead horse, but have u ever heard Charles Davis call a game?

I love him, but that man could stretch a Dr. Suess book to War & Peace lol....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 06:38 AM   #32
Rookie

I think the commentary is nuts, Charles is great. My only beef with the commentary is lack of tackler names.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »