Home

Hits and Misses of Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Hits and Misses of Franchise mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 05:21 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Hits and Misses of Franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
HITS:
MISSES

- Missing mechanics: PUP list. Both these devices materially affect how teams manage personnel; the PUP list allows me to conserve roster space if my players suffer significant injuries in the preseason
I think PUP is only for injuries that happen before preseason starts. I don't believe you can put anyone on PUP if an injury happens in preseason. I'm not sure if PUP applies to training camp or not, or if PUP only applies to off-season injuries (pre-mandotory practices).

EDIT: I was wrong, I looked it up. You're right.

Last edited by bucky60; 08-29-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #26
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

HIT:

Being able to edit players is a big plus. I always found myself restarting franchise mode in the middle of the real NFL season to try to adapt to updated players. Now I can just keep rolling.

MISS:

League News. It doesn't give enough info. There aren't enough Draft stories and when there are they don't say enough. They don't mention player positions i some stories so it's hard to track down who they are talking about.

The News section also blasted my team after a bye week! Saying our offense could not score and was horrible. Well of course we did not score... we didn't play a game during the bye.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Old 08-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
HIT:

Being able to edit players is a big plus. I always found myself restarting franchise mode in the middle of the real NFL season to try to adapt to updated players. Now I can just keep rolling.

MISS:

League News. It doesn't give enough info. There aren't enough Draft stories and when there are they don't say enough. They don't mention player positions i some stories so it's hard to track down who they are talking about.

The News section also blasted my team after a bye week! Saying our offense could not score and was horrible. Well of course we did not score... we didn't play a game during the bye.

Lol, those damn media! They're never happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #28
Rookie

Huge Misses:

-It isnt much of a franchise when you cant even access any stats, scores, results, information from previous seasons....its like when each season ends, all data is erased and replaced with another season. Not much different than just playing a single season, over and over.....EA declined big time in this area! Madden 12 and earlier had a better Franchise Mode!

-Not having the ability to just jump in and play any teams games or control all 32 teams without having to jump thru hoops to set up all 32 profiles then having to switch back and forth all the time between each teams Home Page....just to play a random game on the schedule. Too much work!

Again Madden 12 and earlier versions did this much better!

-Horrible Interface and League Pages. Navigating to information is such a chore and also requires to many clicks and arrow overs! Hasnt EA ever heard of Hyperlinking stuff!?

Why cant I drill down to a teams record or their schedule by just clicking on the teams name in the Standings Screen to get more information easily and more intelligently linked??

Why cant I see a team's Win/Loss record from the Weekly Schedule??....Why cant I click on that matchup from the schedule and see a brief preview of key information for the game like injuries, previous head to head matchup records and results, key players on each team, their hot and cold stats, etc

All this stuff is in NBA 2K and is so much more intelligently imbedded into drill down links from the main screens

We love Stats and we love to drill down and preview more stats!!!...When will you realize this EA?

Your Franchise Interface and Navigation is so horrible!

And for God's sakes, most people have 1080 HD TVs now, which means more screen real estate.......Cant we see a real newspaper style STANDINGS screen on the entire screen??....Why do I have to click all this buttons just to view the standings in each division. Lay out the entire NFL in a division view on the screen at the same time!!....Jeeeze!!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:50 PM   #29
Banned

Hit would be practice squad for me

And a very big miss continues to be preseason schedules. Playing as the Lions I get the Bucs, Skins, Bears, and Packers 4 conference opponents and two divisional ones. Sort of takes the fun out of those games in my opinion.

Last edited by theycallmeyango; 08-29-2016 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
Huge Misses:

-It isnt much of a franchise when you cant even access any stats, scores, results, information from previous seasons....its like when each season ends, all data is erased and replaced with another season. Not much different than just playing a single season, over and over.....EA declined big time in this area! Madden 12 and earlier had a better Franchise Mode!

-Not having the ability to just jump in and play any teams games or control all 32 teams without having to jump thru hoops to set up all 32 profiles then having to switch back and forth all the time between each teams Home Page....just to play a random game on the schedule. Too much work!

Again Madden 12 and earlier versions did this much better!

-Horrible Interface and League Pages. Navigating to information is such a chore and also requires to many clicks and arrow overs! Hasnt EA ever heard of Hyperlinking stuff!?

Why cant I drill down to a teams record or their schedule by just clicking on the teams name in the Standings Screen to get more information easily and more intelligently linked??

Why cant I see a team's Win/Loss record from the Weekly Schedule??....Why cant I click on that matchup from the schedule and see a brief preview of key information for the game like injuries, previous head to head matchup records and results, key players on each team, their hot and cold stats, etc

All this stuff is in NBA 2K and is so much more intelligently imbedded into drill down links from the main screens

We love Stats and we love to drill down and preview more stats!!!...When will you realize this EA?

Your Franchise Interface and Navigation is so horrible!

And for God's sakes, most people have 1080 HD TVs now, which means more screen real estate.......Cant we see a real newspaper style STANDINGS screen on the entire screen??....Why do I have to click all this buttons just to view the standings in each division. Lay out the entire NFL in a division view on the screen at the same time!!....Jeeeze!!

Also wanted to add 2 more things that drive me nuts too

-Why cant we have user customizable/defined CAMs? MLB The Show, NBA 2K, and even NHL Hockey allow us to adjust our CAMS....I would like to set my own CAMS cause I do not like the 4or5 that come with the game

And finally, why dont we have the ability to pick uniforms for the CPU team we are playing against?

Let me add a bonus one that would be cool...altho, I aint holdin my breath.... It would really be nice if, along with the ability to edit rosters and ratings in Franchise Mode (which is cool), that the game had some sort of advanced global sliders for each rating that we could adjust for all teams and players across the league.

So lets say you wanted to lower all Tackles or Guards Pass Blocking rating by 10 or 15 pts, you could easily do it. Or maybe you wanted to increase all QB scrambling rating by 15 or 20 pts, you could globally apply it to the entire leagues list of QBs with one slider adjustment!
Old 09-03-2016, 11:19 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
Also wanted to add 2 more things that drive me nuts too

-Why cant we have user customizable/defined CAMs? MLB The Show, NBA 2K, and even NHL Hockey allow us to adjust our CAMS....I would like to set my own CAMS cause I do not like the 4or5 that come with the game

And finally, why dont we have the ability to pick uniforms for the CPU team we are playing against?

Let me add a bonus one that would be cool...altho, I aint holdin my breath.... It would really be nice if, along with the ability to edit rosters and ratings in Franchise Mode (which is cool), that the game had some sort of advanced global sliders for each rating that we could adjust for all teams and players across the league.

So lets say you wanted to lower all Tackles or Guards Pass Blocking rating by 10 or 15 pts, you could easily do it. Or maybe you wanted to increase all QB scrambling rating by 15 or 20 pts, you could globally apply it to the entire leagues list of QBs with one slider adjustment!
I like the slider idea. I have always felt that players should play to ratings and difficulty shoud be set by adjusting ratings. I would like ratings to be adjusted by say +150 for cpu and minus 150 for player. Those ratings would be adjusted for all players randomly and it would be nice to not know which players ratings were adjusted and how much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 12:01 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

For me there are 2 big misses that I really hope the team works on.

1. Lack of immersion and quality of life improvements. I want full stat tracking year by year. I want to feel like I have a team of 53 guys instead of 53 different numbers. I want to see the return of moral and traits related to personalities.

2. The AI is still way too basic. Seems like they do not adjust their strategy based on the team they are playing. If your #1 WR is a 95 ovr the AI will largely play him the same as a 85 ovr WR. The AI does not make an effort to target your weaknesses either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »