Home

Madden 18 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 wishlist thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 08:11 PM   #25
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 wishlist thread

All I know is if pass blocking/rushing isn't overhauled next year I'm not buying the game til it is!

Eliminate or greatly reduce motion shifting and sliding, out of all sports games Madden is the worse at this.

Get rid of the stupid tackle battle button.

Inaccurate passes, supposed to be addressed last year but it was never done properly and now it's almost not even in the game.

A Realistic mode, since the default simulation mode in Madden is no where near sim, please add a realistic or harden mode. Complete with adjusted sliders, auto subs, and player ratings.

Untether the ball from the Qb's and receivers hands, its a shame in 2016 we don't have bobble catches and snaps.

Everything in NBA 2K's MyLeague and MyGM mode. I want real players to coaches to hire as head or assistant coaches, I don't want to create a coach.

Of course I want player movement overhauled, sick of player feet not even on the ground, they look like they are hovering above the turf. Make them move like Fifa players.

Last edited by Americas Team; 09-07-2016 at 12:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #26
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

-Line play and blocking needs a serious overhaul. I mean what we have now would maybe be acceptable on the N64. Im pretty certain this will be the big focus next year, they've overhauled passing, running, WR/DB, so this will be next, even though it really should have been first.

-Try and completely eliminate the limp "gumby" animations when a runner hits a lineman or defender. Add more animations for runners to squeeze through tight spaces and follow blockers.

-In general just more fight and struggle and more failure animations that make it seem less like a simple win/lose scenario when two people interact. This applies to the line as well as downfield blocking and juking/breaking tackles etc. Get rid of the tackle battle QTE crap and just let ratings determine that.

-Personalized animations for at least star QB's and RB's. That would be the most obvious place to start implementing those.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #27
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
I would like to see scouting overhauled in big way. Right now we have a play the moments version of scouting. One thing I enjoyed with the NCAA series was recruiting and finding gems and busts.

This is the direction I want scouting to transition to where scouting matters because right now it is way too easy to turn a team around. Make it more difficult to turn around bad teams. Scouting and coach levels should also matter. Scouting as it is now is an immersion killer and cheapens the CFM experience.

I would like to echo this.

I would like to see some additional events (senior bowl selections comprised of mid/low round guys).

I would like to scout a rookies top three attributes from a limited set of ratings not all ratings. (For example top 3 out of 5 ratings).

I wish we could have individual workouts or pro days where I can scout a trait or two.

Lastly I wish there could be a timed bidding system for UDFA rather than the post draft FA open season we currently have on the 50 additional players.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 09-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #28
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Franchise mode (not CFM mode anymore) is a mess. I get that they make changes to it every year and add stuff but the whole mode has so many bugs that they need to totally scrap it and start over.

Problems with the mode (big and small):
- Poor stat tracking
-some stats screens are tedious to get to, show incomplete information or don't show it at all.
- No immersion ei weekly wrap up shows, stats and news screens. etc.
- CPU drafting AI is awful, still see CPU teams drafting QBs with their first two picks.
- Too many ties!
- bugs with the injury system
- no dynamic injuries.
- generated rookies bodies do not match their attributes
- no coaching carousel.
- no coordinators, assistants etc.
- why does the coach pick what this season goal should be? shouldn't the guy who hired him do that?
- no pro bowl
- no practice jerseys during weekly prep.
- CPU uses its starters in preseason games for too long.
- No create-a-team when moving franchises.
- No create-a-stadium.
- No random events like suspensions, etc. ( I know that will never be added.)

Sad thing is, most of these things were in past Maddens.
-
Old 09-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #29
Rookie

Can i have the coin toss back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2016, 04:08 AM   #30
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc
No one runs the Run & Shoot anymore....why would they add it? The R&S has evolved to the current spread offenses. No one will ever run a pure R&S ever again.
Who cares if nobody will ever run it again? The question was what would we like to see added, so I answered. EA claimed to have the Run & Shoot in the game, when the truth is they have only 3-4 plays and none of the correct option routes for receivers to run.

Yet... tons of people use the R&S and even more would use it if they got with June Jones and learned the entire offense. One can find tons of videos on You Tube that show people using this offense when playing Madden, so yes... there is a demand for it.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:52 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung Hero
5. More faces for the incoming rookies. It doesn't take long before you have a lot of identical looking players in franchise mode. They should really look at the creation engine in MLB: The Show.
This is probably my biggest biggie in franchise modes in Madden outside of wanting coordinators hired and seen on the sidelines.

I'm glad they went back to CGI rookies for the faces, they seem to have a number of different ones this year compared to year's pasts. I've seen different faces especially on the sidelines during cutscenes where you see some players with the helmets off.

Usually what I do is draft the players who are really rare like I never see their faces again in a 5-10 year span among the rookies. I've actually got a few on my team with unique faces. I've even got a black and Asian guy who looks like T.J. Jones (released by Detroit Lions recently) on my team.

Overall this still needs to be fixed so that we never see duplicates at all in their photo IDs and on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 06:18 AM   #32
Banned

A big need for this game is a Sounds of the Show feature like MLB the Show has where we can use our own custom music in the game. I'm getting tired of hearing the same songs played over and over again in the game. I'm literally ready to throw something at my TV when I hear Nae Nae and My House played every other play.

I would like control over the music played in the stadiums and it would be even cooler if we could add music after touchdowns so I can add the Lions fight song which they don't have in this game but they have all of the other ones like SKOL Vikings and Bear Down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »