Home

Draft News story vs Draft board

This is a discussion on Draft News story vs Draft board within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1
Draft News story vs Draft board

I have seen this in 2 drafts now (both pre-tuner) with players talked about in a new story but not on the draft board. This bigegst won that stood out to me was in the last draft i had.

The players name is L. Talbott and in week 15 i think it was it said he won the Heisman as a WR. Thats great but when i look on my scouting no were to be found. I went to the playoff and was think about this and even tweet EA_White about it (no response). I was think well maybe he is a underclassman and is staying in school which would be awesome meaning the draft is deeper then 1 year look ahead.

But i thought too soon, in the draft i end up seeing his name drafted 15 OVR... WHAAAA where the heck did he come from. Well he was listed as a CB. And to top it off when he was drafted they talked about him and all they talked about was him as a WR and all his WR skills. Unfortunately i didn't scout CB's so i don't remember if he was even list in the CB group.

Anyone else seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Draft News story vs Draft board

Out of curiosity, did he come into the league as a WR or CB after being drafted? I wonder if you switched him to WR what would happen...

One of my favorite aspects of NCAA was how you could bring in a guy as a CB, and then swap him to WR and he'd still be productive at that spot. Doesn't happen often in the pros, but it made for a lot of fun.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:35 AM   #3
Pro

Never had this happen. But my first instinct would've been to check other positions..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it's some kind of glitch. I seen it happen once before in my league. I was so confused.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Legacy issue from M16 where player stories and draft commentary wouldn't match the player sometimes? I had a DT once who got talked about as being a great college WR...

Otherwise, it could be the Group X and Group Y scouting flip... only the top talent is readily scoutable any one week, the lesser talent flips week to week. I'm British but does every college team player week to week or every 2 weeks??

Talked about this here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048446589
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #6
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I've seen players disappear and appear towards the end of the draft without stories. Not sure why. Also have seen stories about 40 times that don't match up with the combine results.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #7
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

Saw something similar in my past draft.. Found a guard projected undrafted but scouted with the green diamond, had a huge combine and was top 5 in nearly everything. Thought I had a diamond in the rough, put him on my watch list and even wrote his name down as I always do for these types.

Nowhere to be found during the actual draft. Looked for a solid 10min at every offensive lineman position, couldn't find him. Went through every team after it was over, dude had totally vanished and retired or something.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
I have seen this in 2 drafts now (both pre-tuner) with players talked about in a new story but not on the draft board. This bigegst won that stood out to me was in the last draft i had.

The players name is L. Talbott and in week 15 i think it was it said he won the Heisman as a WR. Thats great but when i look on my scouting no were to be found. I went to the playoff and was think about this and even tweet EA_White about it (no response). I was think well maybe he is a underclassman and is staying in school which would be awesome meaning the draft is deeper then 1 year look ahead.

But i thought too soon, in the draft i end up seeing his name drafted 15 OVR... WHAAAA where the heck did he come from. Well he was listed as a CB. And to top it off when he was drafted they talked about him and all they talked about was him as a WR and all his WR skills. Unfortunately i didn't scout CB's so i don't remember if he was even list in the CB group.

Anyone else seeing this?
Yes had nearly the exact same thing happen in the 2nd year of my CFM online with a friend. Midway through the season, there are stories about a stud DT prospect Sanzenbacher going down with a serious injury for the year and how terrible this news is and how it will likely ruin his NFL future. My friend and I both looked for him on the board, it would've been cool to see this play out from one week to the next and be reflected on the draft board. However, he is no where to be found on any of the DTs, nor is he listed under and RE or LE. I scouted nearly every DT in the draft due to my team needs for them and he was no where to be found. Come draft day and we're in the 4th round and I have multiple picks, I already got 1 good DT but another hog molly couldn't hurt so I select the DTs page and there he is. Somehow I've already scouted him as well and I take a flier on him, 76 OVR but with a slow development rating. Once I make the pick Schefty starts telling a story about how great this is and how hard he's worked to rehab and will continue to as he's still hurt/recovering. Interestingly, this is the only time so far we've seen in our CFM a player from the draft stories not appear on the board or disappear from it. At the end of last season for example, a HB prospect who was somewhere in the top 10 backs but maybe a 2nd or 3rd round projection had a great combine and there were stories about him overtaking the #1 projected back as the new consensus top HB in the draft, and sure enough it was reflected on the board. Not sure why that happened with Sanzenbacher, gotta be a glitch of some kind. I'd like to see them in the future expand this a little maybe. When I drafted him he's ready to go and play Day 1, but would've been cool in my opinion if he was a project type where he's immediately hurt and it was a long term deal drafting him, as that happens occasionally in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »