Home

How Many Picks w/ a Plus Development trait are you guys getting per draft?

This is a discussion on How Many Picks w/ a Plus Development trait are you guys getting per draft? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How Many Picks w/ a Plus Development trait are you guys getting per draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
But then I did luck out and find a 74 DT (Superstar) after the preseason was over on some teams practice squad, score! heh hes only 22 too.
lol this is how bad the modified draft classes are, the cpu doesnt even wanna keep the good players.

Which is pretty much the kinda stuff I would expect to happen.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:36 AM   #10
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I feel like there are too many superstar/quick guys and not enough slow dev guys

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I've only had one draft so far. I got one show developer and one quick one. Rest were normal. I had eight picks. One of the normal developers was a 81 , got him in the third round and is a 3-4 ROLB.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 09-23-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:06 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
do you mean 1 or 2 that your drafted? or the whole draft?
Just the players I drafted.

My first 2 drafts before the tuner werde horrible. I had like 5 or 6 players with 77+ and 3 or 4 of them Superstars/Quick.

After the tuner it changed. In my last draft I got 1 quick one (but only 72 overall) and 1 slow one. Others are normal. Especially the slow one is interesting as he has been my 2nd round pick, a pass rusher with 85+ in both pass rushing skills, I think 87 speed and 79 overall. With quick/superstar he would have been really a star in the league soon, with slow I will see how he develops.

Your proposal to hide the ratings and the development would be great - or at least give ranges at the start of the season. Maybe playing some preseason would make sense then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #12
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

Has anyone else found SS dev rookies in the free agency after the draft or during preseason? I don't remember which week, might have been Preseason 1 but I found both a CB and a DT rated around 72ovr and both had SS development.

After 1 season where I used focus player on them and they both started, they're around 85-87ovr and resigned for multiple years.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Ooh, that's a good idea. Also like the idea of having ?? as ratings and after each preseason game a few ?? Turn into letter grades. Then once the reg season hits you get their true ratings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
This idea and the time-released development trait idea are both EXCELLENT ideas that would really help the realism factor of the game
if i were designing the game, the draft and rookies would have this timeline:

step 1 - draft a player
- certain skill ratings are revealed.
- quote from an "expert" saying if you have good value or not, or if he fits the scheme:
"i liked this player during the draft process and though he'd go a round earlier."
"his skill set fits a 34 D which his new team runs, some people thought he'd struggle in a 4 man front so this is a good match."
"i didn't like this pick for this team. they have good starters at WR so taking another one when they needed help at OL surprises me."
"that is a reach. he was a late round talent in my eyes."
this guys effort levels are off the chart and i loved his senior year but i'm not sure he's going to cut it in the NFL."
"he didn't get enough targets in college because of the way they ran their offence but going to this team could make him a star."

step 2 - preseason/regular season
- rookie gets full set of skill rating but no OVR

step 3 - end of first season before the draft
- rookie gets an OVR

step 4 - following preseason
- the now-second year player gets a development trait or SLOW, NORM, QUK or SS

step 5 - following preseason
- some now-third year players get a BUST tag. the player loses their development trait & their OVR drops by 10. this could be trigger by any of the following: a major injury, lack of playing time or a suspension (i know, this ain't happening).

at any time - injuries that end a career
- player who has the same injury more than twice stops playing.

- - -

i know i'm asking a lot but this jus feels right to me.

Last edited by ajra21; 09-24-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:34 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Has anyone else found SS dev rookies in the free agency after the draft or during preseason? I don't remember which week, might have been Preseason 1 but I found both a CB and a DT rated around 72ovr and both had SS development.

After 1 season where I used focus player on them and they both started, they're around 85-87ovr and resigned for multiple years.
no. wow, good find. i checked every YDFA for development one year and saw they were all "normal" development so i stopped looking.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:37 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaAut
Just the players I drafted.

My first 2 drafts before the tuner werde horrible. I had like 5 or 6 players with 77+ and 3 or 4 of them Superstars/Quick.

After the tuner it changed. In my last draft I got 1 quick one (but only 72 overall) and 1 slow one. Others are normal. Especially the slow one is interesting as he has been my 2nd round pick, a pass rusher with 85+ in both pass rushing skills, I think 87 speed and 79 overall. With quick/superstar he would have been really a star in the league soon, with slow I will see how he develops.

Your proposal to hide the ratings and the development would be great - or at least give ranges at the start of the season. Maybe playing some preseason would make sense then.
drafting is too easy. i can pretty much guarantee myself every player is gonna be over 68 and most will be over 70. and yes, this also leads to a good chance of getting one or two SS development. one year, i got three of them, though two were first round players which increases the chances.

and yes, hiding ratings would be cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »