Home

How Many Picks w/ a Plus Development trait are you guys getting per draft?

This is a discussion on How Many Picks w/ a Plus Development trait are you guys getting per draft? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

OVR: 0
How Many Picks w/ a Plus Development trait are you guys getting per draft?

I'm curious after my first 2 drafts, how many players with quick and superstar development traits people are managing to find per draft.

I only build my teams through the draft, I just enjoy that way more. I never trade for players, but I do trade for picks (after getting 3 first round, 3 second round, and 3 third round in my second draft I have decided to only do trades initiated by the cpu from now on rather then initiating them myself though heh).

Anyway in my first draft I had 2 first round 1 second round and 2 third round picks. In those picks I received the following (with no cheating, restarting draft etc.) In the first round I got a 78 LT (normal development), and a 78 speed RB (Superstar). In round 2 I drafted a 77 TE (Quick). In the third a 78 C (Quick), don't remember the other pick might have been a guard, but it had normal development. I got really lucky in that draft overall, I pretty much drafted a complete starting offensive line. I know my having a total of about 11 or 12 draft picks helped but damn I still got 4 starting O line, a potential HoF running back and a franchise tight end. Oh and a solid backup/future starter QB I ended up trading to help get the picks for my second draft. I swear to god it was a completely honest draft too (how much worse my second draft, with many more high picks, came out ought to help my credibility on that score heh).

In the second draft with the 9 picks in just the first three rounds I only found one player with better then normal development trait, a QB 72 (Quick) and I am pretty sure I actually drafted him later then the third. Every other player I drafted ranged from nice potential midrange future starters, to lucky if they make the teams. Oh yeah, I did get a nice 79 TE (Normal) to bookend with my future stud TE from the first draft (they are both freaking huge too 6'6" 263 and 6'7" 263). Only grabbed him on an obviously best player on the board situation which was probably the way to go for the whole draft, I drafted all the rest on need, and got very little return.

But then I did luck out and find a 74 DT (Superstar) after the preseason was over on some teams practice squad, score! heh hes only 22 too.

So how common are you guys finding them? Also have any of you spotted any patterns, trends, or clues as to which players you scout are more likely to have a high development trait?

Also it would be kind of nice if they included the development trait on the player tables rather then having to open up a players individual page to see it.

I kind of thought after my first draft that players you scouted which were maybe a bit lower then projected prior to scouting, BUT also had really high combine scores might be more likely to come up with a good development trait. After my second draft I am not so sure though.

Thanks for slogging through this post.

Last edited by Sajiky; 09-22-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How Many Picks w/ a Plus Development trait are you guys getting per draft?

Could it be that your first draft was before the draft class tuning update, and the second one after it? It sure looks like it...

Your first class shows how wrong it has been. 6-7 possible superstars should never be in one draft class.

Your second is realistic how it should be...

For your question:
I find about 1-2 with Quick development in the draft, I think I had only one Superstar. So difficult to find now. (like it should be!
Old 09-22-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

Ah I didn't realize that was changed with the new tuner, although I actually thought the tuner was only for online cfm at the moment. I did notice that the second draft had a lot of 22, 21 year olds and the first one had mostly 23, 24 so I'm guessing that confirms your hypothesis.

I'm glad they changed that then. After the first draft I was concerned I would have a souped up team with no holes in the roster after just a couple of years. But if it just happened for one draft class, then I can live with it. Especially if some of the cpu teams also got better then normal players that draft as well to help keep the league somewhat competitive.

The Superstar 74 DT I found on some teams practice squad, is bothering me a bit though. Shouldn't the cpu ai keep pretty much any quick/superstar player thats at least above say 65? A 74 should be a keeper for sure, doesn't matter how stacked they are at that position. I wish I had taken note of what team I got it from to check out its roster and see if there is any valid argument to risk it on the practice squad. I sure can't think of one.

It was kind of nice to beef up the Broncos woefully inept offensive line that quickly, but then I had to tweak Armor & Swords pass blocking sliders so that I could actually be sacked. That seemed to be a bit of a problem even without the better linemen though.

Thanks for helping me with that puzzle. If I could have found a copy of the patch notes I might have already known, but I'm either getting old and losing basic web surfing skills or they didn't release them.

Last edited by Sajiky; 09-22-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaAut
Could it be that your first draft was before the draft class tuning update, and the second one after it? It sure looks like it...

Your first class shows how wrong it has been. 6-7 possible superstars should never be in one draft class.

Your second is realistic how it should be...

For your question:
I find about 1-2 with Quick development in the draft, I think I had only one Superstar. So difficult to find now. (like it should be!
do you mean 1 or 2 that your drafted? or the whole draft?
Old 09-22-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
MVP

underdog13's Arena

I feel like there are too many superstar/quick guys and not enough slow dev guys

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I feel like there are too many superstar/quick guys and not enough slow dev guys.
i'd like the development trait to only be disclosed after one year, following their rookie season.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:06 PM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
i'd like the development trait to only be disclosed after one year, following their rookie season.
Ooh, that's a good idea. Also like the idea of having ?? as ratings and after each preseason game a few ?? Turn into letter grades. Then once the reg season hits you get their true ratings.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Ooh, that's a good idea. Also like the idea of having ?? as ratings and after each preseason game a few ?? Turn into letter grades. Then once the reg season hits you get their true ratings.

This idea and the time-released development trait idea are both EXCELLENT ideas that would really help the realism factor of the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »