Home

Game freezing Error CE-34878-0

This is a discussion on Game freezing Error CE-34878-0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 06:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Game freezing Error CE-34878-0

I have searched many post on this topic, Can't find a definitive answer. Can anyone say for sure if this is an ONLINE, OFFLINE, or in game problem. Playing Madden POTM style or CPU vs. CPU. Never online but connected to PlayStation, during the game if one team or the other scores a FG or sometimes even a TD. The game freezes up. Things keep changing, people keep moving, but they never kick off. You can't escape. The ticker box keeps showing scores but it won't do anything else. No buttons function. The only way out is to close the App. When returning to the game, the game is saved, but when trying to load, it then gives me the blue screen of death and the error code. The only option is to delete the game. Before the patches, it used to load but the controller switched teams. Although I love the ticker, I was wondering if not connecting to the internet might stop the freezing. Is anyone else experiencing this. I was wondering if a complete re-install might fix it. But I don’t want to lose my Franchises, rosters or anything else I have spent a month building. Any help or advice will be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game freezing Error CE-34878-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I have searched many post on this topic, Can't find a definitive answer. Can anyone say for sure if this is an ONLINE, OFFLINE, or in game problem. Playing Madden POTM style or CPU vs. CPU. Never online but connected to PlayStation, during the game if one team or the other scores a FG or sometimes even a TD. The game freezes up. Things keep changing, people keep moving, but they never kick off. You can't escape. The ticker box keeps showing scores but it won't do anything else. No buttons function. The only way out is to close the App. When returning to the game, the game is saved, but when trying to load, it then gives me the blue screen of death and the error code. The only option is to delete the game. Before the patches, it used to load but the controller switched teams. Although I love the ticker, I was wondering if not connecting to the internet might stop the freezing. Is anyone else experiencing this. I was wondering if a complete re-install might fix it. But I don’t want to lose my Franchises, rosters or anything else I have spent a month building. Any help or advice will be appreciated.
Try going through the save data on your console and try to find something that says RESUME_DATA. It may have been corrupted and is causing the crash
Old 09-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

Quote:
I get this offline CFM CPU vs CPU although not played with tuner update. I get the freeze after a score and changed teams when reloaded.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:15 PM   #4
Pro

Thanks SolidSquid. Will try that and delete it. Don't know what else to do. But this is getting ridiculous. Game after game. I really never had this until patches and tuning updates. When it did freeze, I could at least get back to the game, but the controller reversed and I was playing as the other team. Didn't mind that, I could just let it go to CPU vs. CPU.. But now all I get is the error code and all I can do is delete the game and start again.

The thing is, I think it could have something to do with PS network. I have had this happen in The show, The Golf Club, and other games and it's always the same code number. CE-34878-0. It's getting old real fast.

Someone out there knows why this is happening and EA's refusal to acknowledge it like it doesn't exist is pretty pathetic. It is pretty frustrating to spend hours and hours building a Franchise, spending money for a game to get about half way through one game just to have to delete it and start over. Getting pretty sick of it. Never had this problem in Madden 16.?

I don't play online, I guess there must be many people that aren't having this issue, but many that are. So why is that? Why do some of us experience it over and over and it's pretty much because of the same situations. And others obviously aren't. There has to be a reason for this and it's time someone from EA or PS network addresses it.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #5
Pro

Well back to the drawing board. Did a complete reinstall. Deleted Saved data files. Reinstalled game. Did not include any of the patches or updates, they were still DL. Played game offline, not even signed in to PS.. Didn't even get through the first quarter. Called a face mask penalty, game froze. Well everything else was working, Just could not move forward. Could not reload. got the error message. Next game I tried using stock rosters and no custom game plans. everything original. new franchise. still no patches or updates installed. Got through two qt's. Kicked a FG in the 3rd.. and guess what.. game freeze.. This just not make any sense. This is a store bought CD. not a DL. I am ready to give up and go back to 16. Anyone want to buy a game cheap.?? Maybe I'll just wait until EA puts out the next patch and see if that fixes the problem. If not, To hell with it. To much frustration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 07:29 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I have had this happen in The show, The Golf Club, and other games and it's always the same code number. CE-34878-0. It's getting old real fast.

Someone out there knows why this is happening and EA's refusal to acknowledge it like it doesn't exist is pretty pathetic.
If you've also had it happen with other games, doesn't it stand to reason that there may an issue with your system? Did you notice the frequency increase after the PS4's 4.0 firmware update? Maybe it didn't install correctly, though I don't think there's a way to reinstall without wiping the hard drive, so I wouldn't recommend that as your first option.

Have you tried booting into safe mode and rebuilding the database? It may rearrange your PS4 main menu, but it won't delete anything. It may not even fix your issue, but it's the first step I'd take to try and narrow things down on a console-specific level.

Last edited by SmashMan; 09-24-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:12 AM   #7
Pro

Thanks SmashMan... I'm willing to try anything at this point, But one of my best friends just got a new PS4 because he liked what he seen in the game..Especially the fact that he can do CPU. vs. CPU. He just got the game the other day, Went up yesterday to help him set up a Franchise. Played two games CPU vs. CPU.. Had no problems.. Was playing a game with POTM didn't get to the second qt. CPU kicked a FG and instant lock up. It doesn't freeze. Everything moves, players in the huddle, Ticker working showing and going through scores, players lining up to kick and then it just sets there. You can't do anything but close the app. When trying to reload saved game, the blue screen of death with the same code. So the odds of the same thing happening on two different PS4's I think would be quite unlikely. I bought the game the evening it came out, I must have played 50 games or better trying sliders, testing, didn’t have this issue. Now since the patches and upgrades I can't get one POTM game in. Tried 2 CPU vs. CPU games today with no issues, I am starting to think it has something to do with the play of the moment. Maybe that’s why thumb jockey’s aren’t experiencing this problem..
Old 09-25-2016, 02:49 AM   #8
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Could be. I've had that error a couple times at random points with a couple different games and it's just a pretty useless general PS4 "the app crashed" error code that doesn't really tell you anything. I'd get it, then go back to a game and not have it happen again. It's weird. Haven't had it with Madden 17.

Since release I've only played one game with Play the Moments (and it was a couple weeks ago), so I can't say whether or not it's related to that because I just don't know. I'd say the odds that you and your friend seeing the same thing on two consoles seems slim, but if it was a widespread issue I think we'd see more reports, you know? But you might be on to something if it's connected to FGs kicked with Play the Moments.

I'd say your best chance is to save a video or two and tweet it to the devs. (Better if you have more than one video showing it happening in the same kind of situation. Could help establish a pattern.) Maybe they could pick something out that we wouldn't see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »