Home

Kicking back to automatic, why?

This is a discussion on Kicking back to automatic, why? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Kicking too easy after nerf?

Does anyone feel that kicking has been nerfed to the point that it's practically automatic again? Please stop EA.

Last edited by JayD; 10-04-2016 at 07:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Kicking back to automatic, why?

JayD, stop everything you're doing... I read they FIXED AUTO SUBS in the last patch.

I MUST TEST!!!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought it was already automatic. in my first season straight out of the box I went 21 for 21 with Cody Parkey. Im disappointed they made it easier - but its what a lot of people did want (many complained about the kicking) so maybe it was the smart thing to do.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I thought it was already automatic. in my first season straight out of the box I went 21 for 21 with Cody Parkey. Im disappointed they made it easier - but its what a lot of people did want (many complained about the kicking) so maybe it was the smart thing to do.
It's ridiculous. They need to give the sim players a slider that works. It's broken though. Anything under 30 is an auto shank and everything above 30 is always good. It's a shame that in 2016 we have these issues. News flash EA field goals and do are not automatic in the NFL. How can we get a fix to this? Game killer in. My opinion.

What really grinds my gears is that this is vintage EA bait and switch. I would have never bought the game if fgs were automatic. It's been killing the game for years. But I did my due diligence. I asked the questions, read the reviews and had confirmation that there was a new kicking mechanic and missed fgs and xp. Now they killed it to appeal to the online whined crowd who doesn't want realism. I want a refund.

Last edited by fistofrage; 10-04-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It's ridiculous. They need to give the sim players a slider that works. It's broken though. Anything under 30 is an auto shank and everything above 30 is always good. It's a shame that in 2016 we have these issues. News flash EA field goals and do are not automatic in the NFL. How can we get a fix to this? Game killer in. My opinion.

What really grinds my gears is that this is vintage EA bait and switch. I would have never bought the game if fgs were automatic. It's been killing the game for years. But I did my due diligence. I asked the questions, read the reviews and had confirmation that there was a new kicking mechanic and missed fgs and xp. Now they killed it to appeal to the online whined crowd who doesn't want realism. I want a refund.
Lets not forget that the special teams sliders are STILL universal in CFM. Even if we wanted to make kicking tougher for the user we can't due to it effects the CPU even more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #6
All Star

JayD's Arena

Also, the accuracy bar is freakin huge now! You would have to be blind to miss field goals now.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

JayD didn't report back from his answer from Clint on Twitter:

that's not what our metrics are showing,

So, instead of shaking your fist or finger at EA, blame the people who don't practice enough with the new mechanic.

JD followed with a question about adding a slider in the future to slow down or increase the kick meter:

Clint's response:

I would really like to!

Mason Crosby has missed 4 XP's his entire 9 plus year career and was perfect last year and is currently perfect.

He is also currently a 80%FG kicker. I mentioned a missed a 55 yarder into the wind at Lambeau after the patch. That isn't automatic to me.

Just my thoughts.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:48 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
JayD didn't report back from his answer from Clint on Twitter:

that's not what our metrics are showing,

So, instead of shaking your fist or finger at EA, blame the people who don't practice enough with the new mechanic.

JD followed with a question about adding a slider in the future to slow down or increase the kick meter:

Clint's response:

I would really like to!

Mason Crosby has missed 4 XP's his entire 9 plus year career and was perfect last year and is currently perfect.

He is also currently a 80%FG kicker. I mentioned a missed a 55 yarder into the wind at Lambeau after the patch. That isn't automatic to me.

Just my thoughts.
If anyone has access to ea please tell them their fga slider is broken. If they have to make easier for the 13 year olds online at least give me the option to customize my game.

I'm not even sure why they changed the kicking mechanic if the end game was to have automatic field goals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »