Home

Non-American player frustrations

This is a discussion on Non-American player frustrations within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Non-American player frustrations

I play online multiplayer 96% of the time, very rarely play against CPU or in practice.

So most of my experience has been with online play. The frustration I have has to do with playing online and the delay/latency in controls. I do not believe EA have any international servers for player match ups, at least not in the Australasian region (New Zealand or Australia).

I don't know what the other player experiences in terms of delay but the almost half second delay (on top of the slight delay in the game recognizing the click) in clicking a button means I'm playing predictive 99% of the time. Don't get me wrong, you get used to it but I'll fail more often than succeed in OFF and DEF plays.

The most frustrating play that is extremely difficult to predict is field goals. I almost always miss PATs, or shanking Punts.

Any of the international players have this problem?
I tend to play more American based players as the server has never connected me to a local player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 11:40 PM   #2
Rookie

SergentSandwich's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Non-American player frustrations

While I am unsure of the numbers, I would assume that there are not many people outside of North America who play madden. Therefore, I think it might not be a good idea to have international servers as they would be way underused but still have to be payed for and hosted by EA.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:44 AM   #3
Just started!

Yeah have to agree..

Being from Australia it doesnt matter who i play, whether its Mates from Australia or Americans the delay is TERRIBLE...

As for the comment about numbers outside of North America, Obviously they dont compare however Madden is a VERY popular game in Australia so i can assume its also very popular in other countries...
Old 10-12-2016, 01:57 AM   #4
Rookie

Tomgun's Arena

Sorry I am typing in bold however being from Sydney, Australia and being a Madden player since M13 I figured I have to say something, ok I play online alot and I played MUT(Madden Ultimate Team) from M15 through to M16 all while also playing H2H with MUT being a bit more competetive & I have a really good internet connection which is also wireless which is like ADSL2+ and I have a great time playing against Americans/other nations online.. there is never any delay like yous are referring too.. and I have been playing for years and I am a beast at Usering.. I win alot of games which wouldn't happen if there was any delay/lag which there is not and one of the reasons I continue to support Madden is by their great servers

I play Rugby League Live 3 against my opponent who lives in Sydney also but the game is laggy etc which falls on their Head to Head matchmaking which relies on each others connections rather then having a server.. yet I have no problems with playing locals even people overseas on Madden! so EA is doing a great job.. I would check your internet and make sure it isn't being used by others for downloads etc because honestly I havn't had a problem..??

Kind Regards from your fellow Aussie

P.S you guys on PS4? hit me up with your PSN we can play some games

Last edited by Tomgun; 10-12-2016 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
I play online multiplayer 96% of the time, very rarely play against CPU or in practice.

So most of my experience has been with online play. The frustration I have has to do with playing online and the delay/latency in controls. I do not believe EA have any international servers for player match ups, at least not in the Australasian region (New Zealand or Australia).

I don't know what the other player experiences in terms of delay but the almost half second delay (on top of the slight delay in the game recognizing the click) in clicking a button means I'm playing predictive 99% of the time. Don't get me wrong, you get used to it but I'll fail more often than succeed in OFF and DEF plays.

The most frustrating play that is extremely difficult to predict is field goals. I almost always miss PATs, or shanking Punts.

Any of the international players have this problem?
I tend to play more American based players as the server has never connected me to a local player.

Im from Oxford England......on xbox 1 and username is ibroxroar616 hit me up for a game if your on the same system.......I have the same issues you have described.....Play ability is all pro and don't cheese and play sim......And if im getting hammered I don't quit either......Only thing is I got GOW4 yesterday so this will be taken up a bit of my spare time.....

Last edited by ibroxroar67; 10-12-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 05:18 AM   #6
Rookie

RunRunPass's Arena

OVR: 2

Ibroxroar: first of all, you sounds as though you are completely in the wrong part of the UK!

You don't sound like a typical online player. I don't know how you put up with it. I gave up playing online years ago, because just about everyone I ever played didn't seem to know that they had a punter on their team and after failing a couple of times on 4th & long would normally quit.

A pity you are on Xbox because I run a ps4 league and have done since Madden 10 - and the way you say you play I think it would have been your sort of thing.

Of course, you could always get a ps4 and join. Most of our members are from the UK - and at the moment all are from Europe.

Connections vary - but it's normally to do with how good your internet connection is.
Discord: GBDawg1 #4708
Old 10-13-2016, 06:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have played against people from the UK and unfortunately it's about the same. The issue is our internet service providers all use different upstream carriers, some better than others. They advertise and sell the game in NZ, while they probably won't sell 50000 units, I can see at least 1000 being sold here even more.

Thanks for the input guys, I guess I'll just keep going.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #8
Rookie

RunRunPass's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm sure that I saw somewhere that EA claimed that lag this season would only be experienced by a user who had a poor internet connection.

We have a guy in our league who lives close to Siberia (for any Americans reading this thread, football has become quite popular in eastern Europe and Russia) and he complains of poor internet connection.

But most of our people across Europe say that this year overall has been an improvement on past ones.
Discord: GBDawg1 #4708

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »