Home

How do you guys use lockdown corners?

This is a discussion on How do you guys use lockdown corners? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2016, 06:23 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys use lockdown corners?

I use the Cardinals in a CFM. I use the Cover-2 Buster quite a bit. You can find it in Nickel and Dime sets and some 3-4 packages. Cover-2 Buster allows for 1/4 of the field to run straight man with safety help over-top while the other 3/4's of the defensive back field runs cover 2.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #34
Rookie

So do you match your best corner on the other teams best WR?
Old 11-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #35
Rookie

I use Washington, and I believe in the principle of allowing that one corner (your best) take away one side of the field, or at least attempt to.

That way with your strategy of cover 2 buster I can focus my attention on keeping help over top for the weaker corner allowing him to play more aggressive in bump or something to that affect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2016, 01:12 PM   #36
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

I have press man coverage corners who got alot of picks in my first season... pushed their man and press up to 99 but even with shading theyll get beat on a press fly 9/10 times and C routes, Corners, slants and drags are all easily beating man coverage on this game... essentially i ruined the development of my CBs for this franchise. I find myself playing lots of zone against users and when i see man against my offense i get excited because know its basically an automatic touchdown off of a combination route
Old 11-25-2016, 11:29 AM   #37
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Are you guys matching players traits to the schemes in which your team run per position. Meaning my 2 corners are man cover corners . In my scheme, which breaks down each starter position, they were supposed to be zone. (Not the defense style. I still left that as cover 2. What is expected from each position) changed them to man. I can now play man coverage plays as well as zones. Mixing it up is very effective now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #38
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
I mean you can use man to man, but "lockdown corners" are usually in the 86-88 speed range. Once they get to 87 or slower (like I have Josh Norman @ 87) they are a liability.

Get some faster CBs & it works much better. But I still don't see press/release working correctly so the lock down cb's don't work if they are slow. Just my experience. Most wrs I play against are 90+ speed.
This could very well be true. I noticed my corners have more speed and acc. then some elite corners. I think its well within reason, for realistic purpose, to raise my elite corners to the 92-94 speed and acc. For realistic game, and player rating purposes. For man cov. mainly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3
I have press man coverage corners who got alot of picks in my first season... pushed their man and press up to 99 but even with shading theyll get beat on a press fly 9/10 times and C routes, Corners, slants and drags are all easily beating man coverage on this game... essentially i ruined the development of my CBs for this franchise. I find myself playing lots of zone against users and when i see man against my offense i get excited because know its basically an automatic touchdown off of a combination route
Route Run win chance is weighted heavier than MCV and most WR's are in the 70's+, then factor in the difficulty settings which increase/decrease the win chance for Hum or AI.

ZCV isthe rating of that affects break-on-ball.
Around 80, people it starts to produce instant break/reaction as soon as the ball leaves the QB hand, sometimes before when 95+, which then creates Robo reaction (this is how two safeties will cover entire downfield sideline to sideline in this game)

The Def Holding and PI penalty sliders may also offer some help in reducing the ease of corner/slant routes if you don't want to edit Player Ratings, but I'm Ratings guy so check with some of the slider guys for pros/cons with these.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 1

All about pass rush.

I have three very good CB. Two in the mid 90s and one in the mid 80s, all with good MCV, ZCV & PRS. But they will be get torn apart if my pass rush doesn't get the QB, regardless of scheme or play call.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »