Home

RB pass blocking flaw

This is a discussion on RB pass blocking flaw within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 08:47 AM   #9
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: RB pass blocking flaw

From EA Devs -

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...575479808?s=09

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 10-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #10
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
That video is exactly what I'm talking about.

At first, I felt his initial response is a complete PR move. Later on he says "triple team is a bug, RB matched an animation when he shouldn't have". I can live with that statement.

The RB running up to "help" even looks completely unorthodox.

Maybe we need a hot route to tell the RB, stay your behind right on the QBs hip. If I don't slide protect, I want him to clean up any unblocked people not run into the mess.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:45 AM   #11
Rookie

wutthedeuce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
Over and over again RB'S stand and watch the rusher go right by. I also watch OL run past a DL that they should block on run plays.
Same here. I've seen defenses rush 5 at me and I had a TE helping out with blocking. You would think it should be picked up.....Nope. LG blocked no one and for some odd reason my C and RG double the DT. Seen a few lineman block absolutely nothing on a play where the blitz should've been easily picked up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
On pass plays, I've noticed numerous times that the RB (from shotgun) runs up to the LOS, and ends up blocking no one. Which leads to a huge sack.

My thought is that they should stand by the QB and block the MDM (Most Dangerous Man).

Has any one else experienced this?
so they're just like most NFL backs. watch enough football and you'll notice that most RB suck at pass pro to the point they don't even see the rusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
Why would he need those to make an attempt to block someone? I don't expect some scrub running back to pancake Aaron Donald but at least move towards him.
AWR is what determines how well a RB recognises where he needs to be. real RB frequently miss their assignment in pass pro.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #13
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
so they're just like most NFL backs. watch enough football and you'll notice that most RB suck at pass pro to the point they don't even see the rusher.

AWR is what determines how well a RB recognises where he needs to be. real RB frequently miss their assignment in pass pro.
I've watched and played enough football to know and justify some of the occurrences in Madden. What I'm referring to is the RB running directly into the O-linemen. In DJ's post below, Clint clearly stated that the triple team animation is a bug.

For me to have the same or harder sliders since launch and just recently noticing this issue tells me it is something related to the patches.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:11 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
For me to have the same or harder sliders since launch and just recently noticing this issue tells me it is something related to the patches.
They made an adjustment because the HB was too good at cutting guys in the patch. I am guessing that is why it may appear different now. I'd guess it's related to that.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:24 AM   #15
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They made an adjustment because the HB was too good at cutting guys in the patch. I am guessing that is why it may appear different now. I'd guess it's related to that.
Thank you for the insight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 05:47 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
I've watched and played enough football to know and justify some of the occurrences in Madden. What I'm referring to is the RB running directly into the O-linemen. In DJ's post below, Clint clearly stated that the triple team animation is a bug.

saw two RB run straight into the back of the OL on sunday while pass protecting but i get your point, it doesn't look good in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »