Home

Lack of fumbles....Fumble Slider Testing Group

This is a discussion on Lack of fumbles....Fumble Slider Testing Group within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Lack of fumbles....Fumble Slider Testing Group

We are trying to gather data to see how many non-QB fumbles you are seeing. In order to do this, we need to get some data and its too hard to get significant data sample size with just 1 or 2 people.

So what we need is fellow OSers to run a few games for us.

All-pro default except fumbles at 100, 50, 0, same teams, only running plays. Trying to get as much data as possible.

We would like the tests run with just the fumble sliders set at 100, then 50, then 0. Do not use the user strip button on D.

mrprice33 will then take our findings to the developers.

With Fumble at 0, it should be like holding onto a greased pig and fumbles should be everywhere, at 100 we shouldn't see any, and at 50 if they are going for realism about 2 per game.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of fumbles....Fumble Slider Testing Group

Also might be wise to compare fumble percentages on hits from defenders with the "Big Hitter" trait opposed to those who lack it.

That's one thing in the game I've noticed is that, despite attribute numbers, players do tend to play toward what their traits label them.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:56 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
Also might be wise to compare fumble percentages on hits from defenders with the "Big Hitter" trait opposed to those who lack it.

That's one thing in the game I've noticed is that, despite attribute numbers, players do tend to play toward what their traits label them.
I'd love to find some sliders that will give us fumbles so we can have fumble %'s.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I had my HB, (Crowell in my CLE CFM) fumbled twice in the last played game versus NYJ...

At the midway point of season one, he's got 4 and his backup (Johnson) has one or two...

Why?

Fumbles are a byproduct of the relationship between the HUM FUM slider / the CPU TAK slider, modified by both the facemask slider (works in consort with FUM) and most importantly...fatigue that is higher than default...

Fatigue is not only where the HB fumbles are, but penalties and errant throws, missed assignments and drops, etc...

A lot of what folks think is "missing" is a consequence of playing with default fatigue...

These things are also going to happen more on AM than AP, BTW...

Anyway:

If you're interested, those sliders are in my blog...
Old 10-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Where can I find the blog?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Where can I find the blog?
In my arena...here's a link:

http://www.operationsports.com/KingV2k3/blog/
Old 10-26-2016, 04:52 PM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I have tweaked my sliders a fair amount after Patch 2 so I'm not sure exactly what triggers but I'm seeing a regular amount of fumbles by RBs (both HUM and CPU), a few here and there from WR/TE and some sporadic QB fumbles, mostly because both sides seem to have an eternity to throw these days.

At the moment I'm using Charter's AM set again, though I've only played one game on his latest version.

I have noticed that traits play a big role, in Year 4 of my Jets CFM Darron Lee and Calvin Pryor are my two defenders with Big Hitter traits and they force a majority of my fumbles.

Most of my fumbles come on runs between the tackles. My rookie RB had two in one game so I benched him. Had another cool animation that I hadn't seen before where my 96 overall TE caught a drag route and a zone defender caught up to him from behind and punched the ball out. I was so surprised that I didn't move the LS after I fumbled and just stood there while the defender who forced the fumble jumped on it.

EDIT: To comment on the per game averages you mentioned in the QBA thread, no I am not seeing quite enough. The QB fumbles are related to what I mentioned above, I'm seeing less and less pressures and hits on the QB post-patch. I probably see 1 RB fumble a game on average but I've had a couple with four or five.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 10-26-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #8
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Reposting what I posted in other thread:

I can't speak for ehh, but personally I thought yeah I'm seeing fumbles. Then when you mention 1.5 to 2, I have to say no. I'm getting about 1 non qb fumble a game. I think it comes down to "adjective talk".

I might say yeah I'm getting a good amount of fumbles but when it comes down to it. I'm not getting enough statically.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »