Home

Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 10 Available Now

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 10 Available Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #9
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 10 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathejoker
Literally hate how they rate players in this game. They should be rated on there individual talent. But no. "Oh he's on the Browns he must suck! Let's reduce his overall every week." Joe Thomas is easily the best Lineman let alone left tackle in the NFL and he's been dropped like crazy in ovr because the team is losing. Jamie Collins was a 94 right before being traded to the Browns. As soon as he was traded he went down 2 ovr and now another 4 ovr and he's only been there for a week! **** you Madden and your ratings "Guru". This is why I havent bought a Madden since 12 (until this year) and I won't buy it again. My fault for thinking your dumb *** company changed.
He hasent gotten the browns depth charts right all yr neither there's still players playing wrong postion I have to adjust them every week...guess he thinks oh they haven't won let's it get that right neither lol.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Yazan Gable's Arena

OVR: 0

If it helps people see the broad picture of how these changes influence the teams in Franchise, here's how they've changed compared to previous weeks. Despite it saying Week 9 there it's based off these newest ratings.

Good news the Patriots have had their team tempered a bit (although it looks weird after their dominant Browns game,) bad news despite the Vikings having gone on a 3 game skid they're exactly the same as they were 5 weeks ago in the midst of their win streak. Offensive line has been horrible, Bradford has slipped a little bit because of the terrible line, the run blocking is worse than before, they still have a better offense than the Chargers and as good an offense as the Seahawks. Seahawks are currently the only competitor to the Vikings for worst offense line but they have good receivers (Baldwin/Kearse/Lockett/Graham), solid halfbacks and a great QB. Vikings have Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Kyle Rudolph (each like a degree or two inferior to Baldwin/Kearse/Graham,) shrug running backs, a good but not great QB, and a bad offensive line. But they're equal.

Apparently the Cowboys defense is just as good as the Cardinals defense (Cowboys are 14th in DVOA which is solid and 83 is a good spot, but Cardinals are THIRD in DVOA and still 83.) The only defenses better than the Cardinals by DVOA have been are the Eagles (89 OVR) and the Broncos (89 OVR,) but according to the ratings there's the Panthers (17th), Chiefs (11th), Vikings (4th), Ravens (5th), Patriots (18th), and Texans (13th). Franchise mode doesn't account for injuries so the Texans being higher is understandable because of JJ Watt along with the Chiefs who are getting Justin Houston back. The Vikings have not lost anyone on defense, the Patriots traded away Jamie Collins, the Ravens have not lost anyone who is coming back that, and the Panthers have not lost anyone who will be coming back eventually and swing them ahead of the Cardinals. The Ravens, Vikings, Chiefs and Texans being close and high up with the Cardinals would make sense, but the Patriots and Panthers definitely do not make sense based on their performance so far.

This is also not taking into account the teams considered equal to the 4th best defense in the NFL, the Bills (22nd), Raiders (27th), Titans (26th), Buccaneers (20th), Dolphins (10th), and Rams (12th). This is why a bit more transparency into what goes into these ratings would be helpful, so I can understand why one of the best defenses in the NFL is considered just solid, especially because OVR and the ratings matter for franchise when it comes to trade value, resigning players, and how they perform in the simulations.

Last edited by Yazan Gable; 11-11-2016 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Misspelled Kyle Rudolph
Old 11-13-2016, 03:39 AM   #11
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable

If it helps people see the broad picture of how these changes influence the teams in Franchise, here's how they've changed compared to previous weeks. Despite it saying Week 9 there it's based off these newest ratings.
Where did you get that chart from? It says the Falcons offense has gone down from an 89 to 85 which would make absolutely zero sense since they're currently the best offense in the NFL (1st in points, 2nd in yards, 1st in scoring percentage, 1st in yards per play).

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2016, 04:58 AM   #12
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Who is actually in charge of roster edits these days?
Old 11-13-2016, 01:16 PM   #13
Rookie

How do I force trade? I want Jamie Collins on my browns w/o losing any of his ovr, is there a force trade?
Old 11-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #14
Rookie

Yazan Gable's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
Where did you get that chart from? It says the Falcons offense has gone down from an 89 to 85 which would make absolutely zero sense since they're currently the best offense in the NFL (1st in points, 2nd in yards, 1st in scoring percentage, 1st in yards per play).
It's mine, after every roster update I've gone to New Franchise and at the page where you pick what team you use they have offensive, defensive and total OVR of teams. Since I like playing Franchise a lot with different teams (minus the Packers) I've been noting the OVRs after every roster update for when I want to pick a different kind of team to play with. It is helpful when making the point that roster updates aren't connected to reality, at least for Franchise mode. Here's pictures from the latest roster update: Note that of the two best offenses in the NFL (Raiders, 4th in DVOA/Falcons, 1st in DVOA) are still lower than the Cardinals offense which is widely recognized and reported to have had a rough time this year on offense (26th in DVOA.) Also note that the 3rd best defense in the NFL by DVOA, the Cardinals, is tied with the 27th ranked defense by DVOA of the Raiders.

Last edited by Yazan Gable; 11-13-2016 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Adding pictures from franchise menu. Added DVOA ratings for Raiders/Falcons/Cardinals offense.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:24 PM   #15
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabs21
How do I force trade? I want Jamie Collins on my browns w/o losing any of his ovr, is there a force trade?
If u talking about his old overall of 94 ...I uploaded a week 10 roster with all his stats when he was on pats...GT azdawgpound12 ps4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2016, 12:02 AM   #16
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathejoker
Literally hate how they rate players in this game. They should be rated on there individual talent. But no. "Oh he's on the Browns he must suck! Let's reduce his overall every week." Joe Thomas is easily the best Lineman let alone left tackle in the NFL and he's been dropped like crazy in ovr because the team is losing. Jamie Collins was a 94 right before being traded to the Browns. As soon as he was traded he went down 2 ovr and now another 4 ovr and he's only been there for a week! **** you Madden and your ratings "Guru". This is why I havent bought a Madden since 12 (until this year) and I won't buy it again. My fault for thinking your dumb *** company changed.
Joe Thomas gave up how many sacks vs the Ravens? Collins gets what most players get when they change teams which is an awareness decrease

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »