Home

Playing Madden 17 with no patches/tuners (Official Thread)

This is a discussion on Playing Madden 17 with no patches/tuners (Official Thread) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #73
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing Madden 17 with no patches/tuners (Official Thread)

Am I on to something here or am I just wrong? When are draft classes for the next season generated in CFM? The reason I ask is because couldn't we let the patch install right before the time period when the draft class for next season is generated and let it be generated under the current way and then afterwords uninstall the patch after the draft class for next year is set? Would that work to avoid OP draft classes?

I'm gonna assume that's a no for some reason and it wouldn't work but just a thought. I would think I would have seen it mentioned somewhere on this forum if this was an actual solution to it.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #74
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
Am I on to something here or am I just wrong? When are draft classes for the next season generated in CFM? The reason I ask is because couldn't we let the patch install right before the time period when the draft class for next season is generated and let it be generated under the current way and then afterwords uninstall the patch after the draft class for next year is set? Would that work to avoid OP draft classes?

I'm gonna assume that's a no for some reason and it wouldn't work but just a thought. I would think I would have seen it mentioned somewhere on this forum if this was an actual solution to it.
Ya you couod patch it, do off season. Tyen uninstall before you play a game. It should work

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #75
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Good to see some more guys are seeing how M17 was intended to play before the updates.
When facing the cpu,
offline, no updates or tuners. Just go ootb with the disc.

We are having a blast with our CFM's now!
Yea I never play online. I just wish XB1 had a similar feature to PS4 were I can turn off the auto update, and have complete control of user files. Might have to trade in some things and get the PS4 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #76
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Just about to try this for the first time. Updating my rosters, saving it and then deleting everything and reinstalling.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #77
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Once this thread was started I knew it was only a matter of time before I gave in. Won an auction on the 'Bay for $31 just now, should have the game by Thursday.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-06-2016, 08:11 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 1

Just wanted to add my voice to the growing chorus of people here and say that I caved and bought the disc (had digital version) and I'm glad I did. Wow, what a difference! I was about to give up on Madden...gameplay has been terrible since the big October patch...but this changes everything. It's actually both fun and more realistic now. Moving forward, I will be buying the disc! Go old school offline play!
Old 12-06-2016, 08:37 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2

unless I'm doing something wrong, it looks like you cant get the ootb version 1.0 if your on xbox1... it will give you release day patch automatically... just a heads up as I have exhausted all avenues with deleting game, profile, completely off line and still doesnt work...
Old 12-06-2016, 09:06 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintasha1996
unless I'm doing something wrong, it looks like you cant get the ootb version 1.0 if your on xbox1... it will give you release day patch automatically... just a heads up as I have exhausted all avenues with deleting game, profile, completely off line and still doesnt work...
I have XB1, and I just picked up the disc today. Took the console offline, installed it, and it works great (so far). As long as you keep it offline, you should be good. At any point you put it online, even if in game, it kicks you out of the game and forces you to install a 8.2 GB update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »