Home

New franchise or move on from madden?

This is a discussion on New franchise or move on from madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
New franchise or move on from madden?

I am heading into 2036 season in my franchise. It has been enjoyable for the most part with many dissapointments along the way. I am getting bored. This is not unusual as this is the normal point at which I get bored with madden. With the 30 year franchise limit going through the draft realizing I will not get to see these guys's career play out I lose interest.

The question is whether I can start a new franchise and remain interested. I would like some ideas on how to do this. One idea I have is getting rid of the salary cap. I think this will mean each team can spend what ever available funds they have. This would create some power house teams that will suck up free agents like the Yankees but leaving some small markets doomed to mediocrity at best. Is this how it works? Has anybody done this? Would there be any difference between doing this as an owner versus as a coach? If I took over a mid market team would it actually mean ten years down the road some large market teams would have higher overalls than me?

Any other ideas that would lead to a different experience the second time through?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
MVP

Re: New franchise or move on from madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous_Horse
I thought they got rid of the Season limit since there are random draft classes instead of just 30 planned out ones.
I have never heard that. Maybe I need to simulate thirty years to find out. Maybe get time on Monday to try it.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
MVP

underdog13's Arena

If you are a sim only guy I would recommend getting madden 04 for pc. Great for siming seasons and you get to edit draft classes before the draft. Plus so many more things.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
If you are a sim only guy I would recommend getting madden 04 for pc. Great for siming seasons and you get to edit draft classes before the draft. Plus so many more things.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I am not a sim only guy. I play four games a season, week 4, 8, 12 and 16. Sometimes week 17 instead of 16 if I got the number one position locked up and want to play with my backups. I also do play the moments part of the game in the playoffs because siming (advancing week without going into game) playoff games results in losses the overwhelming majority of the time regardless of team talent. I enjoy playing the game but also want to get through many seasons and go for records.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #5
Rookie

J.Cole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I am not a sim only guy. I play four games a season, week 4, 8, 12 and 16. Sometimes week 17 instead of 16 if I got the number one position locked up and want to play with my backups. I also do play the moments part of the game in the playoffs because siming (advancing week without going into game) playoff games results in losses the overwhelming majority of the time regardless of team talent. I enjoy playing the game but also want to get through many seasons and go for records.
Well Madden 2004's gameplay is also pretty good and doesn't have weird sim results in the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2016, 11:34 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous_Horse
I thought they got rid of the Season limit since there are random draft classes instead of just 30 planned out ones.
I can confirm it only goes 30 years.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:41 AM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I can confirm it only goes 30 years.
I have yet to get past 5 or 6 in the last 10 or so iterations of Madden due to the commentary not adjusting to the changing league. If I play with, say Blaine Gabbert, and through 2020-2023 I set a bunch of records, I want to hear how Blaine Gabbert is a record setting QB in the 2024 season, rather the same old thing about where he was drafted from and that he is a QB "with some experience" or whatever the comment used to be.

If I'm the Browns in 2027 and suddenly my offense is as dominant as the 1950s Browns was, I want to hear about it.

But Madden seems more content to add commentary based on the real NFL for casual play rather than for Franchise mode. Certainly a positive step, but a positive step in the wrong direction, IMHO.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:06 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I have yet to get past 5 or 6 in the last 10 or so iterations of Madden due to the commentary not adjusting to the changing league. If I play with, say Blaine Gabbert, and through 2020-2023 I set a bunch of records, I want to hear how Blaine Gabbert is a record setting QB in the 2024 season, rather the same old thing about where he was drafted from and that he is a QB "with some experience" or whatever the comment used to be.

If I'm the Browns in 2027 and suddenly my offense is as dominant as the 1950s Browns was, I want to hear about it.

But Madden seems more content to add commentary based on the real NFL for casual play rather than for Franchise mode. Certainly a positive step, but a positive step in the wrong direction, IMHO.

For sure. My qb has the all time td pass record and everytime he throws a td for the first time in a game they talk about how he just set the all time record even though he set it years ago. Unfortunately, I think we are a decade away from the commentary being Abe to adjust to circumstances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »