Home

EA needs to go back to the Old Kick Meter

This is a discussion on EA needs to go back to the Old Kick Meter within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2016, 04:14 PM   #1
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
EA needs to go back to the Old Kick Meter

This is Arguably the Worst Kick Meter in the history of the madden series I don't like it & EA Needs to do away with it for online & MUT only.

I can barely make a field goal on this game & it's really irritating if it ain't broke don't mess with it..

Kicking has become such a joke in this game it's almost better going for 2 points the issue isn't the power more so the 3 button process & the speed of trying to get it in the blue

2 white lines makes it very confusing

Please EA revert back to the Old Kick Meter for madden nfl 18 or Do away with the 3 button process I'm tired of missing field goals & stuff thx you

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA needs to go back to the Old Kick Meter

I have to disagree. I really like the meter. for me it's more difficult to kick, especially in pressure situations.

It has the tendency to get under your skin, and can cause real problems, and for this reason alone, it's worth keeping.

To me, kicking is no longer automatic, and more often than not, it becomes a game changing mechanism.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
This is Arguably the Worst Kick Meter in the history of the madden series I don't like it & EA Needs to do away with it for online & MUT only.

I can barely make a field goal on this game & it's really irritating if it ain't broke don't mess with it..

Kicking has become such a joke in this game it's almost better going for 2 points the issue isn't the power more so the 3 button process & the speed of trying to get it in the blue

2 white lines makes it very confusing

Please EA revert back to the Old Kick Meter for madden nfl 18 or Do away with the 3 button process I'm tired of missing field goals & stuff thx you

I don't agree at all.

There has been a few threads already on this and for offline, it's too automatic since the title update in October. If you are playing online, they already increased the meter by a near 10% and it's because of the lag that online users receives.

XP's are not automatic on Sundays and that should reflect in the game. Unfortunately, offline gamers don't have any options at this point.

Last edited by roadman; 12-12-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #4
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

At least people actually missed FGs for a while when the game came out. FGs being automatic makes the game super boring, it's much more difficult to do, but once you get it right it becomes automatic again.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't agree at all.

There has been a few threads already on this and for offline, it's too automatic since the title update in October. If you are playing online, they already increased the meter by a near 10% and it's because of the lag that online receives.

XP's are not automatic on Sundays and that should reflect in the game. Unfortunately, offline gamers don't have any options at this point.
Since they've touched the Kick Meter, I've never missed a FG either on AP or AM.

Every times, I hit the center.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Screw right stick kicking. Button kicking is where its at. It's naturally harder and actually presents a challenge.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #7
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

Well something isn't right then look I'm not expecting to be perfect however the rate of making field goals on this game seems low.

It needs tweaks I shouldn't be missing a mere 65% of the time because of some unneeded change to meter.

Ik some of you like it but it's clearly a meter issue I have no issues on all pro or all madden offline.

But playing online & head to head seasons in MUT is a totally different issue it's bad..

I can line up the accuracy just right and still miss due to a 2nd white line that appears and messes up everything.. please remove the 2nd line ea thx

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 12-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #8
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

I can't speak for online since I don't play online, but the way the game "lags" online, I can definitely see this being an issue.

If you ever play offline and don't like the FG's/XP's, I recommend just super simming. Just quicker and easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »