Home

More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #73
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
1. Assume nothing and dont read in between the lines.
Just to add to this, don't even assume anything once we get the deep dives. They're just as much fluff as these teaser trailers and none of the information that ever comes out is going to tell you about the downside of the feature. Some stuff like tackle battles is pretty obvious and straightforward, other stuff like Gameplanning you have to play the game to understand. Take everything you read with a gigantic grain of salt.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love the sound of Play Now Live. I've been wanting something like this. Playing along side week by week with the real NFL season!!! Accept we control the outcome, it's kind of like an alternate reality. Love that the roster updates happen simultaneously

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #75
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

well , if it plays out like last year, will be between wednesday and thursday next week before we get more info really.Possibly every friday for month of may , then CFM news right before or after e3.....

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 03:35 PM   #76
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekeiluhn
Love the sound of Play Now Live. I've been wanting something like this. Playing along side week by week with the real NFL season!!! Accept we control the outcome, it's kind of like an alternate reality. Love that the roster updates happen simultaneously

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They have that in MLB The Show 17, which makes me wonder if certain changes for M18 are being modeled after MLB instead of FIFA..

Note: I haven' played FIFA so maybe they also have a live play system.

From a creative perspective, I wouldn't want to model something straight from another game that was under my production umbrella. I don't know that anyone wants Madden to look like FIFA but just for a different shaped ball..lol
Old 05-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #77
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
They have that in MLB The Show 17, which makes me wonder if certain changes for M18 are being modeled after MLB instead of FIFA..

Note: I haven' played FIFA so maybe they also have a live play system.

From a creative perspective, I wouldn't want to model something straight from another game that was under my production umbrella. I don't know that anyone wants Madden to look like FIFA but just for a different shaped ball..lol

Speaking as a long time FIFA and madden player, I would LOVE madden to be modeled after FIFA!!! Lol. FIFA has been solid for years. And, while they've had some growth spurt code changes here and there, their game is all physics based. If madden adopted that, and I mean truly adopted that, madden would be fantastic, imo. They sort of went that route with M13. That game, legit, felt like a madden/FIFA hybrid, and was the year that madden did borrow a lot from FIFA. There were graphical items that needed to be cleaned up (glitchy, twitchy players after tackles) and whatnot, but with the right sliders, I loved the animations and gameplay of that game. The first and only madden game where the players actually felt like they had weight and physics played a part in everything. Even the flight of the ball was better in that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #78
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I loved that feature in NCAA football 14. Taking 3 or 4 years to develop your side of football as a coordinator and increase your reputation. Then go to your dream job and build a dynasty.
They obviously would need custom playbooks. I loved recruiting players to fit my defense/offense.
It just felt more immersive and like you were really building something. I've never understood why Madden didn't add something that seemed to so loved with NCAA. There are more than enough coaching moves made each year between head coached and coordinators for a coaching carousel to work well.

I think it would add so much more to CFM.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:26 PM   #79
Rookie

I hope EA spends some effort and expand on the commentary, and fix up the AI for the players. I don't want Madden NFL 18 to be Madden NFL 17 with a Frostbite engine coat of paint and nothing else.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:37 PM   #80
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
PLAY NOW LIVE! Play the best real-world NFL match ups each week! Take the field with your favorite team or play the best weekly matchup using live updates containing the latest rosters, custom commentary and up-to-date stats from NFL.com then continue your season all the way to the Super Bowl from Play Now.
I like the sound of this. If it's a mode where everything is updated to real life and then you can play the game with your favorite team and then the stuff around the league changes slightly basically taking your games as what really happened then I think that could be really cool to play throughout the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »