Home

Schemes, Do they even matter in M17

This is a discussion on Schemes, Do they even matter in M17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2016, 03:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Schemes, Do they even matter in M17

I just realized that in M17 I can't find player schemes. In Madden 16, It showed you individual player schemes and style. Example player, A OB came from a West Coast Scheme but was a pocket style OB. Or a OL came from a Power run scheme but was a zone blocker.

In M17 I can’t find the scheme anywhere. Only player style, even in the draft.

So when drafting or trying to assign a player to your Coaches Scheme. How do you do it? For example my Browns Coaches scheme runs a Balanced Offense and a 3-4 zone defense. So when Drafting a QB, Should I look for a balanced OB style, a West Coast, a Pocket passer, Mobile, Strong Arm. Does it even matter? Actually I have 4 QB's, each a different style. In Madden 16, by changing Coaching schemes it changed their ratings in depth chart, some by 3 or 4 points. Same in all other categories. In M17 it rarely makes any difference at all.

So my question, when drafting, signing a free agent, arranging depth chart, does it make any difference at all what a player style is because it really shows no affect in the depth chart or by changing coaches’ schemes. Whereas it made a big difference in M16. Or did madden blow it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 04:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Schemes, Do they even matter in M17

It does not matter much. I think they still get some extra xp if they match the scheme. The overalls do not change much based on type in your schemes. Maybe a point or two at most. I develop my rolb as a coverage guy and set it as such in schemes but increasing man and zone coverage from 65 to 85 does very little to his overall.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #3
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

See, I think it does still. But I'm not positive. It seems my Cb's play better man cov now, since making my scheme for them man to man. The scheme said zone. And in their traits they are man to man. Changed scheme to man cov. Seemed to work well. I play alot of msn now. My TE. Witten's trait is reciever. But on scheme it wasn't. Changed it, he actually went up 3 or 4 overall points. But really didn't make a difference in his ability. He really was good to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Thanks Cable Guy.. Will give that try. Can't hurt. I actually did try this by setting each scheme to the top player at that position.But I didn't see any overall increases. So I put them back to my coaches original schemes. I didn't play a game with the changes though. Maybe it has a hidden affect on how the player preforms or how plays are selected by the coach. Who knows but it's worth a try. If you seen a difference in CB play, It must do something.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Thanks Cable Guy.. Will give that try. Can't hurt. I actually did try this by setting each scheme to the top player at that position.But I didn't see any overall increases. So I put them back to my coaches original schemes. I didn't play a game with the changes though. Maybe it has a hidden affect on how the player preforms or how plays are selected by the coach. Who knows but it's worth a try. If you seen a difference in CB play, It must do something.
I'd give it a try Cleve, but I'm also playing without the updates. Ootb. So maybe man coverage is better? Buy I'm pretty sure I played man without updates, and wasn't as effective. But I forget to be able say it definitely works.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
MVP

In my coaches schemes I set each position as I want them to play and my playbook (especially defense) is based on it. I draft mostly on physicals and do a lot of position changes on defense to put them where their physical skills line up with what I want each position to be. I then edit their player types to match the scheme. I draft half backs with great physical attributes for example, change them to power back and develop trucking. Their overall doesn't change more than a point or two whether I have my scheme set as power or speed but I think they get some extra xp for being listed the same.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #7
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
In my coaches schemes I set each position as I want them to play and my playbook (especially defense) is based on it. I draft mostly on physicals and do a lot of position changes on defense to put them where their physical skills line up with what I want each position to be. I then edit their player types to match the scheme. I draft half backs with great physical attributes for example, change them to power back and develop trucking. Their overall doesn't change more than a point or two whether I have my scheme set as power or speed but I think they get some extra xp for being listed the same.
So it could possibly be the players will play, to the team scheme, that you want out of them.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:31 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
So it could possibly be the players will play, to the team scheme, that you want out of them.

I have no idea, they continue to get better at what I ask them to do as I upgrade them. As far as doing better in game based on their player type or coach scheme I couldn't say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »