Home

You'll Be Able to Match-Up by Overall Rating in Pass Coverage in Madden NFL 18

This is a discussion on You'll Be Able to Match-Up by Overall Rating in Pass Coverage in Madden NFL 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #17
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: You'll Be Able to Match-Up by Overall Rating in Pass Coverage in Madden NFL 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
We all know that OVR doesn't mean much, especially in online CFM's where you always have a few people who like to spam their stud rookies. For instance, why would I want Kevin King (Who will be a top 3-5 CB by year 3) defending an 88 speed 97-99 OVR Julio Jones by year 3 or 4? When that same guy probably has a 6-2-6-5 95ish SPD 82-85 OVR young WR he throws to more? Makes no sence. Is this a step in the right direction? Sure, but it's far from perfect. I would at least like to see them, along with the best on best option, add a fastest vs fastest choice, along with a choice to match depth charts. So the #1 CB on your depth lines up vs his #1 WR, and so on.

U might've missed the tweet a few posts back. U can go spd vs spd, ovr vs ovr, height vs height, etc. nobody knows all options, yet, I would imagine. But, looks like spd vs spd is one of the options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #18
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: You'll Be Able to Match-Up by Overall Rating in Pass Coverage in Madden NFL 18

I'm glad HEIGHT is one of those options that you can select other than OVR.

You could have a 90+ OVR CB that is 5'8 go up against an average WR that is 6'5 and that corner is getting beat almost every time, ESPECIALLY in the Red Zone.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #19
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Also can be sorted by RTE

Old 06-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #20
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Great addition.... But that they announced it as a franchise mode addition is disappointing.
I disagree. I believe this does make a difference within franchise mode of how you draft or build your team. I'll use an example of how the Eagles drafted Rasul Douglas in real life at cb. His size and physicality can be a factor against dez Bryant and brandon Marshall within the division. Maybe not the important Cfm feature you were looking for but it is a nice addition.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #21
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Great addition.... But that they announced it as a franchise mode addition is disappointing.
But it IS a franchise mode addition. It hasn't been in the game before, therefore it's an addition and it's a very welcomed one IMO.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 06-11-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #22
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Really hoping it's a bit more open than this because I can already see a lot of issues with just matching certain attributes both from a user and AI standpoint. Direct assignments would be best, by depth chart option would be next best option. Hopefully this is something they will detail in a blog.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #23
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I believe more options from NCAA are going to make it into madden: I have already seen were we can select defensive play ball and pass rush options, so all a great bonus, especially if it works well. I also heard in one of the videos of the ea madden event that shading will work now, and m2m and zone play smarter, and lack of suction

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-11-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #24
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'd be very surprised if route running wasn't matched up with the best m2m cover corner.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »