Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
So basically, blame the shareholders for whatever we don't have this year and not the devs (scapegoats)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
There's no one to blame. Here's the reality. Madden doesn't have everything you want this year. It's not going to have everything you want next year. And it won't the year after that. No video game is perfect and will always need improvement.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
There's no one to blame. Here's the reality. Madden doesn't have everything you want this year. It's not going to have everything you want next year. And it won't the year after that. No video game is perfect and will always need improvement.
We can totally blame the showrunners for prioritizing story mode over more CFM work. In fact we need to do that if we want more CFM work done; the squeaky wheel has gotten the grease for a long time. In a respectful way, of course. The individual devs don't get to decide what they spend time on so yelling at them doesn't help.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
We can totally blame the showrunners for prioritizing story mode over more CFM work. In fact we need to do that if we want more CFM work done; the squeaky wheel has gotten the grease for a long time. In a respectful way, of course. The individual devs don't get to decide what they spend time on so yelling at them doesn't help.
I agree with that cliche, but, that cliche has been thrown around here for the past decade and we still have a arcade style CFM.

People can shout and yell from the tallest buildings and EA will still make the game that they want to make.

Yeah, it's a defeatist attitude, but history has a tendency to predict the future.

Last edited by roadman; 06-14-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
So basically, blame the shareholders for whatever we don't have this year and not the devs (scapegoats)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Uh no that's not the way it works actually. The people to blame are the creative directors I believe as they control the direction and allocate resources accordingly. Your basic EA grunt working on Madden is basically just following orders and working on whatever they're told to.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 06-14-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #13
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

If there's no logic behind the draft board it kinda makes it pointless. I mean if you have two RB's list one and two most of the time you aren't going to draft back to back RB's. It would seem like this was thrown in last minute to me, I might be wrong but I would almost rather it not be included than half baked.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:17 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Uh no that's not the way it works actually. The people to blame are the creative directors I believe as they control the direction and allocate resources accordingly. Your basic EA grunt working on Madden is basically just following orders and working on whatever they're told to.
I think it's a struggle between marketing, the suits and the developers.

Every place has a hierarchy and the developers are probably in the middle somewhere.

I'm hoping AJ will be able to confirm this.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:30 PM   #15
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm okay with CFM getting no major features this year as long as the gameplay is solid, I can live with it.

However, if they can patch in or add things like this during the season in a "cfm patch", that would be amazing.

I want the ability to choose a playbook for the CPU just like they patched in the uniform selections last year [without the whole other profile hack] . Also, I don't know if this is even possible without a major cfm code re-work, but, if they can make EVERY game playable in OWNER mode without actually being the owner of team [32 team control] it would really help for offline cfm league immersion by watching the cpu's battle in the playoffs or superbowl if you don't make it, instead of simming it all and looking at boxscores. Would be a nice change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Why are we spending time breaking down a "who to blame" list?

Does it really matter or make you (not you specifically) feel better to have a specific target to go after?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »