Home

What I would like Longshot to become

This is a discussion on What I would like Longshot to become within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What I would like Longshot to become

I recently started playing Road to the Show and it got me thinking about what I would like Longshot to become. I'm going to try to keep this really short, but what I would like it to be is a full football career from high school through the pros and possibly a choice to go beyond this.

I'd like to start in high school and have the ability to create your own team (this way you can create your high school team, colors, logo, etc. and play four years of high school football. I personally would have fun creating my old high school to play for even if everyone else is generic on the team as well as the teams you play against (could always allow you to edit the other players on your team and even teams in your division).

I think back to when I was in high school and how much high school would consist of how you are going to develop your body. I came into high school as a 5'7" 100# kid that was fast and agile, but small and weak. This is when I got heavy into lifting weights and getting bigger so that by the time I was a senior I was the strongest player at my position. You also could play more positions like many do in high school (I was a WR, CB, KR, & PR) in high school.

So, you spend high school playing, but very much developing your body, speed, strength, fundamentals, and you really could even have some influence on how your body grows since in high school smaller kids may hit growth spurts and you could possibly decide if you want to up your attributes or size based off of XP that you earn.

Then, your games put out "film" for colleges to start recruiting you and hopefully they could pay at least the schools in the top conferences to put their likeness out (and of course make players as generic as necessary to be able to have college teams). Then depending on how you do in high school you get recruited, offered scholarships, or maybe just commit as a preferred walk-on to a school.

Then, you progress through college where you can still define your body (not really height, but mass, as well as strength, agility, speed, etc.) but this would be the greatest awareness and football IQ increases. Depending on your college career you can win awards like the Heisman, bowl games, national championships, All-America teams, etc. Depending on how you do then you could have the ability to leave early if you are going to get drafted.

So, then you go through the draft and go through the whole NFL experience from getting drafted (or even signed as a post draft free agent), get traded, etc. until you retire.

I also thought maybe you go even further in which you could take on a coaching career and work through the ranks all the way up to possibly being a GM or owning a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 02:20 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What I would like Longshot to become

That seems a really long way off, but it would be cool. Eight seasons before you play in the NFL, 12 or so as a player, leaving the final ten for a coaching career. Or you could start as a high school junior to add a couple more seasons post-career.

That's assuming Madden does the 30 year thing with your idea.

But yeah, I doubt it will ever go that far, but a cool idea nonetheless.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:35 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
That seems a really long way off, but it would be cool. Eight seasons before you play in the NFL, 12 or so as a player, leaving the final ten for a coaching career. Or you could start as a high school junior to add a couple more seasons post-career.

That's assuming Madden does the 30 year thing with your idea.

But yeah, I doubt it will ever go that far, but a cool idea nonetheless.

Maybe my grand children will play that game. I will be long gone before madden reaches 2017 capabilities. Good idea though.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

in "long shot" do you have to play as certain player?
Old 06-30-2017, 09:07 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
in "long shot" do you have to play as certain player?
You're locked into playing as the story's protagonist, a quarterback named Devin Wade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 09:21 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
You're locked into playing as the story's protagonist, a quarterback named Devin Wade.
disappointing. won't be playing that.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Longshot will probably be a decent mode. The biggest problem I have is MUT gets cards for accomplishing modes for example they get a Wade card and Marino . Cfm gets nothing from the mode. It would be nice if they carried over the CGI weekly recap from Longshot. Basically I don't have an issue with the new mode just share the features across Cfm , Play now and online . I feel that would make everyone that plays each mode something to look forward to . When you leave out cfm or other modes we can't help but feel neglected.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyBrown
Longshot will probably be a decent mode. The biggest problem I have is MUT gets cards for accomplishing modes for example they get a Wade card and Marino . Cfm gets nothing from the mode. It would be nice if they carried over the CGI weekly recap from Longshot. Basically I don't have an issue with the new mode just share the features across Cfm , Play now and online . I feel that would make everyone that plays each mode something to look forward to . When you leave out cfm or other modes we can't help but feel neglected.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, simply making a good game isn't enough justification for the suits. The suits want the team to focus more on modes that make money. MUT is destroying Madden, and it boils down to cash flow. RIP CFM. Unless they find a way to micro charge us for CFM stuff, it's a walking corpse.

Note: I would pay micro transactions if it meant Tiburon focused much more on CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »