Home

The 4 Best and Worst Things We Know About Madden 18 So Far

This is a discussion on The 4 Best and Worst Things We Know About Madden 18 So Far within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: The 4 Best and Worst Things We Know About Madden 18 So Far

No reason to think it, ODogg. You won't be playing college ball.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #58
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You had me until the last paragraph, here.

Are you basing that on one year ago statements?

Don't you think with the acknowledgement specifically from Duece's mock up plus Shopmaster pounding the CFM drum daily on Twitter to go vote and forward the information to Rex that now they feel there is much more room to improve without admitting it?

The word is out thanks to Duece and Shopmaster, let's see what the results are.
If you do read Dueces' thread. It starts of with the quote "Franchise is already good."

The proof for me is what they release in a game. And even last year when their big thing was all the new additions to CFM, we still really didn't receive all that much or anything ground breaking. Not only that, but them pulling John White from Madden to another game has to say something bout how they feel about maddens franchise mode...

I mean if they started pulling other resources from other games to improve franchise mode like they did with Live, or if they actually had features that other sports games had, then I would buy into them caring a little more about CFM.

I believe people like Rex and Clint do care about CFM. But someone at EA doesn't care enough to let them actually make the game mode worth playing past one season.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:14 PM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
If you do read Dueces' thread. It starts of with the quote "Franchise is already good."

The proof for me is what they release in a game. And even last year when their big thing was all the new additions to CFM, we still really didn't receive all that much or anything ground breaking. Not only that, but them pulling John White from Madden to another game has to say something bout how they feel about maddens franchise mode...

I mean if they started pulling other resources from other games to improve franchise mode like they did with Live, or if they actually had features that other sports games had, then I would buy into them caring a little more about CFM.

I believe people like Rex and Clint do care about CFM. But someone at EA doesn't care enough to let them actually make the game mode worth playing past one season.
I'm not denying they said it, Duece's thread was from last year, though.

One would think they had a change of heart and mind with Duece's mock up, Shopmaster on Twitter and now 2k firing shots with their franchise blog.

We'll see.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #60
Rookie

I'm guessing blocking, the running game,whether or not linebackers still have the ability to jump insanely high and intercept passes that soar over their heads, more accurate placing ofpasses using the targeting system in conjunction with the high and low passing stick (something that is being lost in the debate about the targeting system), are all things that can go in either of the best/worst columns.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:02 PM   #61
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcsports4
I'm guessing blocking, the running game,whether or not linebackers still have the ability to jump insanely high and intercept passes that soar over their heads, more accurate placing ofpasses using the targeting system in conjunction with the high and low passing stick (something that is being lost in the debate about the targeting system), are all things that can go in either of the best/worst columns.

U know, I thought about the target passing and switching the low/high pass thing for a minute, and then forgot about it. This is a good point and/or is kind of a tough change.

So, the way I see a pass to WR X working under normal conditions (NO target passing):
1. Snap ball
2. Press LB+Up+X for high pass.
3. So, how do I lead pass? Total control passing? How do I lead an out pattern to the right? If I have to press Up on LS for High pass, how do I also throw right? Or short?

Yeesh. Yeah, that's awkward. I wonder what they have to say about this. I think they overloaded their LS. I mean, u don't have to use these things, u don't have to use any. I, personally, enjoy the extra control of total control passing and sometimes I highpoint certain routes. With this new target passing, u actually can't do both. Or, if u press LB+Up for a high point throw, does it also lead upfield? By accident?

Hmm, seriously, what the dealyo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 06:30 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
U know, I thought about the target passing and switching the low/high pass thing for a minute, and then forgot about it. This is a good point and/or is kind of a tough change.

So, the way I see a pass to WR X working under normal conditions (NO target passing):
1. Snap ball
2. Press LB+Up+X for high pass.
3. So, how do I lead pass? Total control passing? How do I lead an out pattern to the right? If I have to press Up on LS for High pass, how do I also throw right? Or short?

Yeesh. Yeah, that's awkward. I wonder what they have to say about this. I think they overloaded their LS. I mean, u don't have to use these things, u don't have to use any. I, personally, enjoy the extra control of total control passing and sometimes I highpoint certain routes. With this new target passing, u actually can't do both. Or, if u press LB+Up for a high point throw, does it also lead upfield? By accident?

Hmm, seriously, what the dealyo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly! Honestly, I had some trouble with remembering to either do my own adjustments in throwing the high and low passing options. So used to allowing the A.I to do that for you, just like in Madden 16. There are a few things that are great about Madden 17 but for me, I found that Madden 16 had the best mixture of a good challenge and a fun simulation, according to how I play (I try to play Madden like I would actual football). Hopefully, Madden 18 brings good things from both 16 & 17 and has it's own improvements to make it truly stand out.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:13 PM   #63
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Remember for a RAC catch your holding x before the catch, so by holding x and left stick direction your controlling RAC direction. I would assume total control passing is still in as long as your not holding x after the throw
Old 07-28-2017, 10:45 AM   #64
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Best -

MUT squads : as much as i hate mut, the fact that this addition forced the dev team to really dive all in on "desync" issues makes this addition, which I will never use, a big win for my cloud cfm...

Legacy cleanup: if you are inclined to believe the talking heads at EA (Rex mostly), they spent a ton of time fixing "legacy issues" and while i am kinda salty about QB evade being ripped out and the implementation of target passing (not the feature but how it was done) - if they spent half the time they said fixing legacy issues then this has a chance to be the best playing Madden since ps2.

Game styles - getting MUT and competitive influence out of sim tuning is amazing, about dang time!

Reworked Running moves - again, if you believe Rex and co, which I do, the more fluid running moves will be great.

Worst-

XP progression is still in the game

CFM was neglected, it just simply isn't up to par

No custom draft classes and the "draft board" has no logic

XP progression is still in the game...

Last edited by Trick13; 07-28-2017 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Stupid phone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »