Home

Every Madden 18 Player Rating

This is a discussion on Every Madden 18 Player Rating within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #17
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Every Madden 18 Player Rating

almost 15 players a team are 80 and above
Old 07-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
These ratings categories are interesting for the OL. I see Run Block, Pass Block, then later I see Run Block S, Run Block F; Pass Block S and Pass Block F.

I'd like to hear what all of this means? How it plays out vs a defender? What's happening when a guy gets beat so on and so forth. I noticed this because when I initially looked at Richie Incognito I noticed his run and pass block were low for him. 83 run block and 88 pass block. But then I kept going and noticed Run Block S was 91 and Run Block F was 82.
It is odd that they're showing up in pre-season rosters. I saw this in a roster spreadsheet last year too but they were never visible in the game. They were visible in the game until a couple years ago tho. Some people theorize that those ratings never left the game, but were put 'under the hood'. I'm hopeful they made their way completely back into the game, and fully editable. O-Lineman have too few ratings without them. Simply having RBK & PBK is too generic. The strength and footwork ratings at least separate the skill of blocking a bit.

Wish they'd put in a 'hands' rating for OL too. It's such an important part of the position and the best linemen are great at using their hands/arms to keep defenders at bay. I used to bring in a martial arts expert to teach players how to use their hands.

To answer your questions, I believe the RBK/PBK Strength ratings used to 'dice roll' against the defenders' PMV rating and the Footwork ratings used be vs FMV. I'm sure there were more variables as well. So a guy could have a high PBK rating which would allow him to 'engage' defenders regularly, but if his strength/footwork ratings were low, he'd lose the battle quickly. Guys that were high all around would engage and hold blocks longer/better.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #19
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

Cam Heyward is only an 81 our most dominant lineman for the steelers isn't even the highest rated lineman on our team. lol oh well wait for the updates as usual.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:19 PM   #20
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3rek7
John Ross....98 SPD....

Really?????
I was surprised he was that low my self.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #21
Rookie

Nice find fellas! Just curious is there somewhere to see their development trait?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 12:32 PM   #22
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldee7
Cam Heyward is only an 81 our most dominant lineman for the steelers isn't even the highest rated lineman on our team. lol oh well wait for the updates as usual.
I know the feeling Mike Daniels only being an 87 is an outrage. 92 would be more like it.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #23
Rookie

I'm seeing a few things that seem off, mainly with rookie ratings. Rueben Foster is thought of as a top 10-15 talent in the draft and is rated below some guys that were fringe 1st round talents and guys drafted below him. Same goes with J. Allen, and for me personally, Malik Hooker's rating is interesting to say the least. 88 speed for a guy that many have compared to Ed Reed and Earl Thomas with his range? He's one point better than the next rookie FS, and was BY FAR the best FS in the draft according to most people. They also gave him a crazy high strength rating lol. 90 speed would have been more in the ball park. Being a colts fan, how do you have 13 other WRs ranked above the guy that led the league in receiving yards? TY never gets his due, no different this year, at least 4-5 of those guys above him he is much better than. Johnathan Hankins is only a 76? He's one of the best FA pickups for the colts, yet is rated as one of the worst. I don't get some of the rankings for sure, hopefully the rookies that got shorted have high development traits.

Last edited by str8himalaya; 07-27-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #24
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Kevin King had the best 3 cone drill out of all Corners at the combine and has one of the 10 worst agility ratings of all corners in the game. Come the **** on.

Don't even get me started on HCD....

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »