Home

Madden what the heck happened

This is a discussion on Madden what the heck happened within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden what the heck happened

I'm just gonna throw this out there. Maybe you need to play defense differently. I never have CPU QBs completing 80% of their passes. I can shut them down to under 50% sometimes.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
Well, 50 yards, but okay. And it wasn't accurate, as the receiver had to stop and jump.
Oh boy. Let's see, where to begin. He's standing on his 8. Marshall catches it clearly above his head (as you point out) at the opposite 35. i estimated a 32 yrd line landing. 42+18 = 60. and i said 1/4 of the field. that means splitting the whole field into 4 equal parts, he intended to throw into one of them, and the throw landed there. i won't belabor my point with even more details. Even tho it was a post strictly in good fun.

But hey, thank you once again for your thoughtful insight! I'm starting to really see why we have stark differences in opinions.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:42 PM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I've become numb to it over the last week or so. Every game I play the CPU completes at least 80% of their passes because nobody is ever anywhere close to the receivers and they are so rarely inaccurate. I'm convinced that user D is completely dumbed down because AI QB's wouldn't be able to handle it otherwise. The difference between how they play and react to zones and play man coverage is night and day compared to how my guys play it and it's like if there isn't a receiver absolutely wide open the QB's only know how to get sacked or throw it away.

Something I have never understood is why can't all non human controlled players play the same? At default difficulty and the same sliders I would think this is what should happen. What am I missing?
Old 08-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #100
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It interesting how people have different experiences. I finally stopped playing this year because after the last patch, the CPU couldn't compete anymore on offense. I was holding every opposing QB to sub 60% completion percentage.

I am a D-line user, so it's not that that I was just Usering everything and wreaking their offense, the CPU QB's decision making on offense was sub par. For the last two years in Madden I haven seen any OP CPU shenanigans, it's been severely under powered, especially on offense, IMO.

Everyone has their own areas of the game that they are most skeptical about, for me I feel confident about most areas of the game being much improved, CPU QB A.I. is the one area that I always have concerns about.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deu22ces
Oh boy. Let's see, where to begin. He's standing on his 8. Marshall catches it clearly above his head (as you point out) at the opposite 35. i estimated a 32 yrd line landing. 42+18 = 60. and i said 1/4 of the field. that means splitting the whole field into 4 equal parts, he intended to throw into one of them, and the throw landed there. i won't belabor my point with even more details. Even tho it was a post strictly in good fun.

But hey, thank you once again for your thoughtful insight! I'm starting to really see why we have stark differences in opinions.
Fair enough.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...a-for-51-yards

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...d-TD-reception

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 08-01-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2017, 08:02 PM   #102
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Since I have already chalked up Franchise mode for Madden 18 as a loss,

I don't see how they can possibly not go to town for Franchise on Madden 19.

Especially with as much backlash as they have received
Not going to happen, when CFM came in a few years ago it got backlash, and we still are stuck with that CFM garbage, it is now the only sports game where it takes you 30 mins to start up a 32 team control franchise, then have to fix up all the friggin depth charts because the CPU screws them all up, and you can't even put a long snapper at it's position on the depth chart yet you can in exhibition mode.. well unless you make him a C or G, which then screws up the min requirement crap.

so after it takes 30 mins to create a 32 team franchise i then have to spend several days getting the rosters correct and depth charts, because the CFM garbage is designed just for single player mode, then you get about 300 players vanish from the free agents (NO EXCUSE AT ALL IN 2017 for this to happen!!)

How hard is it to have a injury editor??? then we could put who the hell we want on IR and not have players vanish (usually lower rated players)

What happened to the days I could just create my own rosters, keep them how they are start a franchise up 32 team control. in 1 click and start the first game of the season within 4 mins, now I can't even create non rookies on a roster now either we are at EA mercy of roster updates. so if you wanna create classic teams have fun with everybody going for rookie of the year on your team

everything I have said has not been changed in 5 years doubt it will happen any time soon.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:11 AM   #103
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

These guys working on Madden are just in over there heads. The same broken *** game comes out every year and we have nothing else to buy becomes EA is evil. I mean since 2006 Madden has been on the downfall, wonder why. I don't play NBA or MLB but that fan base seems to love those games and they get so many features and options. Madden all we hear, Yeah we didn't have time, we have a long-term plan in the works... blah,blah..
Old 08-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #104
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It interesting how people have different experiences. I finally stopped playing this year because after the last patch, the CPU couldn't compete anymore on offense. I was holding every opposing QB to sub 60% completion percentage.

I am a D-line user, so it's not that that I was just Usering everything and wreaking their offense, the CPU QB's decision making on offense was sub par. For the last two years in Madden I haven seen any OP CPU shenanigans, it's been severely under powered, especially on offense, IMO.

Everyone has their own areas of the game that they are most skeptical about, for me I feel confident about most areas of the game being much improved, CPU QB A.I. is the one area that I always have concerns about.
This was more or less my experience the last time I played several months ago. I remember being really satisfied after I think the second significant update because it felt like my defenders were actually conscious. But I also remember getting to a point where basically every time the CPU ran Curl Flats or Four Verticals it ended in a sack which would end up killing a good percentage of their drives. But I started a CFM recently before M18 drops and it's been robo central. I play zone and my guys just sit in their spots and react to nothing around them, I play man and they're always three steps behind. I just started using Charter's sliders and have been getting much better results though. Definitely concur on AI QB's though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »