Home

Madden what the heck happened

This is a discussion on Madden what the heck happened within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2017, 10:26 AM   #17
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden what the heck happened

Yeah basically the entire last gen (PS3&360) was a waste, the game regressed and now they are trying to play catch up. My guess is that it took them 7-8 years to dig the hole, its going to take them another 7-8 years to get completely out the hole to where the game should be.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

For me anyone can point to things that have been stated regarding Madden from EA Tib and its' affiliates to support whatever POV they hold but the one constant is the product. In regard to CCM/CFM that product hasn't been a standard for NFL replication, period. This thing was first added in 2012 for M13 and here it is 2017 for M18, five years, five Madden editions later yet it still is what it is. So this stuff about it ain't the devs, it's the suits or NBA2k calling them out, along with DeuceDouglas's outstanding mock-up being some wake up call, is just more fodder for discussion but likely means nothing for the Franchise mode product, judging from the actual product.

I'm deliberately not referring to any quotes, interviews, etc because none of us can explain away the reality of the product and what it is. Any POV that doesn't line up with that reality is wishful thinking, nothing wrong with that in the discussion but it should be recognized as nothing more than that.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:32 AM   #19
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I just think it is funny that we are still begging for things to come back that were in Madden 2005....

What other kind of technological products have taken more steps backwards than madden?

Imagine if Apple, HP, Samsung, Ford, Chevy, or any other company was ran this way?

We would still be stuck with flip phones or dial up internet
Old 07-31-2017, 11:09 AM   #20

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

I feel like this is the case for most sports games... the PS2 to PS3 leap in terms of graphical improvements was absolutely massive. In a genre where developers are modelling their games after real life, they wanted to capitalize on graphics as much as possible. Those "little things" from games were sacrificed for the sake of graphics, and the recovery seems to have taken longer than expected and lasted into the PS4/XB1 era. 2k is starting to bring these features back for basketball, but now these features are considered "niche" and are placed further down the priority list.

From a business standpoint, I completely understand it. Every sports game company was racing for the most visually-accurate sports game. I believe that we'll start seeing these features come back soon enough, though.

(or I could be 1 million percent wrong and I will proceed to get roasted)
Old 07-31-2017, 11:12 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Anyone can call them out, and I don't disagree with you are saying above.

I just feel the anger/words are better reserved for Twitter.

Jfsolo above nailed it better than I did.
Anybody can call them out but I am still giving them 60 bucks so what power do I really have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2017, 11:23 AM   #22
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I think before we get too wrapped around the axle of "Sacrificing a franchise mode for better graphics." We need to ask one simple question....

What in the hell is EA Austin doing?

I thought they were specifically set aside for franchise mode?

Granted, I understand they pulled John White to Live, and they were probably busy with Longshot, but what have they been doing since 2013?!
Old 07-31-2017, 11:37 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Anybody can call them out but I am still giving them 60 bucks so what power do I really have.
Buy the game for less or used.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #24
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I think it goes back to philosophy because let's not forget Josh Looman, the architect of HC09, was also the architect of CCM. Again, going by the product, it seems evident that there were two different philosophies and goals for HC09 vs CCM. Imo there isn't a true Franchise Mode in Madden currently, it got removed for M13, now there is a sport RPG career mode, so if that's the goal, it's reasonable to say that EA Austin has been working on that.

My point is whether it's Looman, Launchbaugh, White or whoever, if the intention isn't to replicate the NFL in a Franchise mode, then it is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »