Home

Best buy

This is a discussion on Best buy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #25
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig0easy
EA Made $800m last year off ultimate team modes alone....I wouldn't count on that ever happening.

Yeah, I don't. Notice the word, 'pray', and the winkie and laughing smiley faces. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #26
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
If you purchase a game whether new or used, your money is at least indirectly going to EA. The only way you are truly not financially supporting EA in any way is to not buy the game at all.....used or new. It's basic economics

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Yes, but if one really wants the newest only NFL game, this is the best option to at least drop the number of units sold. Buying anything second hand has that effect.

If someone buys the game and puts it on eBay, ea already has the $60 and the unit sold. If this person never sells the game, or no one buys it from him, it still counts as 1 unit and $60. If I buy it myself, that's 2 units and $120 between the 2 of us. If I buy his copy, it's still just $60 and 1 unit to ea. It's not an outright 'win' for me, lol. But, it's the least best I can do to get my NFL fix and not contribute directly to ea.

To be honest, I have ea access. I wish I could just wait the season out. But, honestly, I always want the most recent game during the NFL season. It is what it is. Again, this is the least best way to at least not directly contribute to ea. Ultimately, I'm a fan of the current madden dev team, but have not been a fan of EA, in general, for years.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:34 PM   #27
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yes, but if one really wants the newest only NFL game, this is the best option to at least drop the number of units sold. Buying anything second hand has that effect.

If someone buys the game and puts it on eBay, ea already has the $60 and the unit sold. If this person never sells the game, or no one buys it from him, it still counts as 1 unit and $60. If I buy it myself, that's 2 units and $120 between the 2 of us. If I buy his copy, it's still just $60 and 1 unit to ea. It's not an outright 'win' for me, lol. But, it's the least best I can do to get my NFL fix and not contribute directly to ea.

To be honest, I have ea access. I wish I could just wait the season out. But, honestly, I always want the most recent game during the NFL season. It is what it is. Again, this is the least best way to at least not directly contribute to ea. Ultimately, I'm a fan of the current madden dev team, but have not been a fan of EA, in general, for years.

Truthfully if you're a fan of the dev team then you should buy the game. People in this thread who think falling sales is going to help their cause to get more 'sim' features are delusional.

If sales fall meaningfully, the dev team will be replaced by one who caters to a more common-denominator audience. Money talks.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #28
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Truthfully if you're a fan of the dev team then you should buy the game. People in this thread who think falling sales is going to help their cause to get more 'sim' features are delusional.

If sales fall meaningfully, the dev team will be replaced by one who caters to a more common-denominator audience. Money talks.

That's possible. But, again, it's the only possible way to enact change to a corporation. Maybe, they decide the devs didn't do a good job, and they fire them. That would suck. Maybe, they decide, 'wow. Longshot, yeah, wth were we thinking? And, the marketing for 18? The core community just trashed us on twitter, fbook, u name it. I want the whole marketing team fired.' Lol.

I would certainly prefer the latter of those 2 to happen. It would be great for the top brass to realize they don't need to pull in casuals because they don't even have the entire football fan base. And, that's truly pathetic at this point. Maybe, they now listen to the devs more and give them some more freedom.

Ultimately, u never know which way it's gonna shakedown at that point. But, again, if you're dissatisfied with a product, this is the best way to cause change. Really, it's the only way.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
That's possible. But, again, it's the only possible way to enact change to a corporation. Maybe, they decide the devs didn't do a good job, and they fire them. That would suck. Maybe, they decide, 'wow. Longshot, yeah, wth were we thinking? And, the marketing for 18? The core community just trashed us on twitter, fbook, u name it. I want the whole marketing team fired.' Lol.

I would certainly prefer the latter of those 2 to happen. It would be great for the top brass to realize they don't need to pull in casuals because they don't even have the entire football fan base. And, that's truly pathetic at this point. Maybe, they now listen to the devs more and give them some more freedom.

Ultimately, u never know which way it's gonna shakedown at that point. But, again, if you're dissatisfied with a product, this is the best way to cause change. Really, it's the only way.

Maybe you didn't see the latest post by Rex in the 2.5 week thread. As much as people want to throw Marketing under the bus, it sounds like it was a collective decision to try something new this year on capturing game play. They wanted feedback from the community first and that is what EA Play was all about.

If you did see that post, than this post is null and void. lol
Old 08-01-2017, 08:13 PM   #30
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Maybe you didn't see the latest post by Rex in the 2.5 week thread. As much as people want to throw Marketing under the bus, it sounds like it was a collective decision to try something new this year on capturing game play. They wanted feedback from the community first and that is what EA Play was all about.

If you did see that post, than this post is null and void. lol

Well, if Rex is behind the --itty marketing, then he's to blame, and now I have more onus to not fund the nightmare that is EA. LOL.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Well, if Rex is behind the --itty marketing, then he's to blame, and now I have more onus to not fund the nightmare that is EA. LOL.

I thought so.....................lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2017, 08:30 PM   #32

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
he is correct, its normally not available until 1-2 weeks before launch.

While i normally would do this deal, i have decided , id rather pay a person and extra 25$ , than give EA another sale to inflate their numbers, or give them 1 cent of my money for madden again until they decide to do more for CFM.

I can wait 5-7 days until after launch to play the game. I will just buy it from someone on ebay used and vote with my wallet this year. ive had it with all the lip service from them. I encourage anyone and everyone i talk to,who feels the same way , to do the same thing. Otherwise, unless they see their sales numbers going down, they are not going to really put into CFM ( the most played mode by the way) what they could and should be doing for it now.Its worth the extra 25$ out of my pocket for EA to not see another sale number and profit.
Don't derail a thread again to serve an agenda.

This thread was asking if there will be a Best Buy pre-order special.

Not a thread asking if you would be taking a moral stance against EA this year as you turned it into.

Questions asked and answered. Look for it a few weeks prior to release.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »