Home

Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I want this to be the case and I hope that in a month the same tune is sung.
Dude even on a simple fly route it's not that easy to place the ball.

I'm over/under throwing all over the place.

WR AWR still has to be taken into account dealing with auto adjusting to the ball, and with most WR having not so good AWR, it makes it that much more difficult.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #50
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm happy it's a struggle right now. I hope it continues to be a struggle.

I mean when I started playing the Battlefield series I sucked. The controls were tough and to truly play the game well it took hours of practice.

I think the test of time will have to see if this remains the case, which I have repeatedly stated I hope is true.

Stop quoting me lol

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #51
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
I posted this in the impression thread but I feel like It belongs here instead:

I played about 2 hours, the one thing I really wanted to get my hands on was the new passing mechanic. I think it's flawed but the idea of it is awesome. I've been running the drill for it for like an hour trying to put it together.*

I've mentioned this a ton since it was revealed, it reminds me of NFL Fever 2004 and it's Read N Lead passing, and I loved that. After an hour in the drill with it, I sort of see where it falls apart a bit for me.

It's either the size of the icon or having the 2 icons on screen. The only thing I can compare it to is NFL fever again. Fever had a bigger reticle on the ground versus a standing reticle. I'm not sure if that's the thing that's throwing me off , but I'm finding it really hard to determine which reticle is the receivers normal route and which is my icon. Having both those on the screens isn't helpful when sometimes they look like the same color.*

I can see people who will say having a bigger reticle isn't what's needed, but I feel like a need a reticle I can see. The current one is tiny. And I get some will say it should be tied to the stats of the QB, but all I want is more visible icon. I have a 55 inch 4k TV and I'm sitting 5 feet from it and I can't see the icon in the foreground sometimes.*

The other issue is the second icon. I rather they show me the route then another icon or remove the 2nd icon altogether. Too many times its confused me with my icon. I also think the icon moves too fast but I think that is something I can get used too.

Again, I think it's a bit flawed but the promise is there and that alone has my interest and makes me want to play to get better and play more of it.

Yeah, now that I've played it on ea access, I think you're spot on with this. I do NOT like the WR moving target. That draws my eyes EVERY TIME!! I think I can adjust to this, though. I did the tutorial, and I started to train my eyes not to look at the moving target, but seriously, it's what jumps at you because it's moving on it's own. My eyes just can't help but jump there. And, then, you're basically trying to chase it to get close to it, and then modify inside/outside/short/long throw based the the WR target. I don't like that. I haven't checked, but honestly, for challenge and to feel more 'real,' I'd like to take the WR target icon off. I know this would be a lot harder, maybe. But, I'd rather be slick enough to determine where I'm going with the ball. Having that WR moving target will become too easy, imo.

It's def a cool mechanic, though. I will try to incorporate into my gameplay. I'm only an offline CFM guy, but still, this actually does take the tether off the ball and could create some really cool moments where u know YOU made the throw. Putting the ball in the back or more specifically the corner of the end zone is possibly the coolest feature for me. Whether it's a goaline fade or a 60 yard bomb. Knowing u can specifically place it in the back of the end zone is actually pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I'm happy it's a struggle right now. I hope it continues to be a struggle.

I mean when I started playing the Battlefield series I sucked. The controls were tough and to truly play the game well it took hours of practice.

I think the test of time will have to see if this remains the case, which I have repeatedly stated I hope is true.

Stop quoting me lol
Haha

BYW, tried to get them to change one of the Relo Teams color pallet to Notre Dame, but no go.

Guess none of devs are big fans of ND. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »