Home

What week is it?

This is a discussion on What week is it? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What week is it?

The worst thing, as shown in the screenshot, is that the ticker at the bottom seems to scroll "EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL 18" or real world NFL news, which is utterly pointless and totally counter-immersive inside of your own franchise world. It's basic stuff like that which drives me mad with Madden.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 08-09-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:50 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

This is what happens when you have too many people on the team. apparently somebody didnt have anything better to do, hence the busy work. I wish MLB the Show had more workers than they knew what to do with.

Quote:
What week it is?
and to answer the question: I believe its week one (1), if I'm not mistaken.

A Work in Progress
Old 08-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #11
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow I never noticed this, thats pretty laughable how many places it shows the week. and that huge 1 looks so out of place. they could fill that space with a ton of cool stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 04:50 AM   #12
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
The worst thing, as shown in the screenshot, is that the ticker at the bottom seems to scroll "EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL 18" or real world NFL news, which is utterly pointless and totally counter-immersive inside of your own franchise world. It's basic stuff like that which drives me mad with Madden.
I'm just tired of a "copy and paste" franchise mode.

Imagine if you tried pulling this in school by handing in a paper that you had already written the assignment before, but you just added a new paragraph.

Then you give the teacher the excuse of, "well I had to put my resources into Science and Math, but I promise my next paper is going to be unbelievable."

You would fail, or get in trouble for plagiarism .
Old 08-10-2017, 06:33 AM   #13
Rookie

asmmargod's Arena

Well. We knew we weren't going get many new features in CFM so the disappointing background sums up our disappointment.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2017, 06:55 AM   #14
MVP

[quote=Toupal;2048937696]I'm just tired of a "copy and paste" franchise mode.

Imagine if you tried pulling this in school by handing in a paper that you had already written the assignment before, but you just added a new paragraph.

Then you give the teacher the excuse of, "well I had to put my resources into Science and Math, but I promise my next paper is going to be unbelievable."

You would fail, or get in trouble for plagiarism .[/Qit'

It's not the same teach, I changed some adjectives!
Old 08-10-2017, 07:19 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Very disappointing.

I hope they were able to speed up the menus at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 08:52 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
This is their cover letter to franchise.

If you have a garbage cover letter you are not going to get hired.

Is the menu the main problem with CFM? No, of course not. There is so much more you can poke holes in.

However this epitomizes what is wrong with franchise....

A blank canvas with some crucial features "start training, play now, advance week, even a nice tweet referring to the new Niners coach". Granted there are other items like resigning and trading players that will show up. However, I don't have a problem with the blank spot on the bottom right.

I do have a problem with staring at the same menu for the last 5 season, and not seeing a single improvement to it.

However, as opposed to filling in the blank spots with something useful, we are spoon fed wasted space, and giant letters that even Helen Keller could read.

It is the little details that can make or break anything. And if the community wants to call it nit-picking, well then by all means. But Madden needs to get the little things right before it can tackle the big issues (this being an example).
Actually, the menu has changed since they started CFM. The current menu came in Madden 16. Prior to that was there a lack of information about the week and upcoming game on the "home" screen. Madden 13, 25 and 15 all used a similar menu and EA changed it to the current menu in Madden 16. I am not saying the menu is good, bad, or anything else. Honestly, I would prefer the screen from the old Maddens from the PS2 days, or Madden 10 and 11. I understand your point, but like I said, this current menu system is not as old as you are making it out to be.

I am curious, what do you want to the menu to look like? What additional information would you like to see displayed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »