Home

Probably the most concerning thing Ive seen in Madden 18 (video)

This is a discussion on Probably the most concerning thing Ive seen in Madden 18 (video) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Probably the most concerning thing Ive seen in Madden 18 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It's concerning that they either "didn't notice it" or they did and just didn't fix it? It's just weird that this gets out at all, in any build.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This was also a huge problem in 17...they noticed it, but chose not to fix CPU AI logic for this. They concentrate on bugs/issues found in user vs user and online games. CPU logic takes a backseat.

Something like this we all think should be tweaked...whether they throw us a bone this year or not is yet to be seen. Last year they chose not to.

C
Old 08-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

i dont think this is a bug, the CPU AI is reading the WR ratings which is a good thing but AI Dak/Brady etc cant tell the difference between #1WR/TE and 4 th stringer so he holds the ball equally for both/all ignoring whats happening right in front of him

and we see this on the next play, the possibilities are there but it needs to be there every play.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #19
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Hopefully they can tune it where the CPU AI is better at feeling pressure and either move in the pocket or take off running. If they tune it, I hope it's not too drastic where qbs take off immediately. I forgot which Madden it was but it seemed if a qb ran, he would run the next 2 or so plays automatically after the snap.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:13 AM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It's concerning that they either "didn't notice it" or they did and just didn't fix it? It's just weird that this gets out at all, in any build.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm not sure how much testing is cpu vs cpu or User vs cpu.

During Clint's interview last night, he said he was playing vs Rex and his Texans JJ Watt was dominating Rex's team.

As a added note, I don't even know if this comes out in a patch or a tune.

We'll see.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

This was such a glaring problem in 17 and ignored and wouldn't respond to the community about it. Then they decided to ignore it again for 18. They should have devoted every resource to making qb's play better and to their styles. To say they are looking into it a year later is disappointing to say the least. The biggest problem playing the cpu not being addressed just leaves me dumbfounded. Last year I found that lowering cpu pass blocking actually made them throw the ball away quicker. Unfortunately, there is no fix to make you need to spy Russel wilson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
This was such a glaring problem in 17 and ignored and wouldn't respond to the community about it. Then they decided to ignore it again for 18. They should have devoted every resource to making qb's play better and to their styles. To say they are looking into it a year later is disappointing to say the least. The biggest problem playing the cpu not being addressed just leaves me dumbfounded. Last year I found that lowering cpu pass blocking actually made them throw the ball away quicker. Unfortunately, there is no fix to make you need to spy Russel wilson.
Rex did a developer stream on Twitch before release day and specifically noted that Wilson scrambled around, yada yada yada.

Something happened outside of patch 1 or later that nerfed the whole thing and once that happened, I just think it fell off the radar, especially, with all the modes together. That's how FG and punting were nerfed too.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #23
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

I highlighted that portion of the video because it's one of the worst examples ive seen. It's also all over the other videos released. The scariest part of this, like others have mentioned, is that it was the same way in 17. So throughout an entire dev cycle, one of the most glaring gameplay issues appears as though it wasn't touched. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but we all know that MUT and esports is where the money is going to be going forward. CPU QB ai doesn't really come into play when the other 2 modes mentioned are largely H2H. Obviously none of us will know until we get hands on, I will say I am extremely concerned about where the CPU play is at from the videos released to this point.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #24
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Simulation playstyle, cpu vs. cpu. The play at 7:02, oh. my. God that looked bad. Prescott takes the snap and literally never moves, even with the LB being cut blocked to the ground right in front of his face , he still never even flinches as the LB has time to get back up and pursue and drill Dak, you telling me he wouldnt escape the pocket there? Or even move 1 inch? That is gamebreaking for guys who like to play against the cpu. How do these things make it into the final game?

Edit: I see this video is posted already, shouldve posted in that thread
Maybe his awareness is low?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »