Home

Advanced target passing

This is a discussion on Advanced target passing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #9
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Advanced target passing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
such a shame it doesn't take the QBs accuracy into account, it looks like it would be not only fun but a nice added challenge to the passing game. I just cant justify ever using it though because its not sim for the QB to be able to pinpoint exactly where he wants it no matter his ratings
I was under the impression it was? At least in sim mode. The CPU is not affected. Could've sworn the qb accuracy was taken into account in sim mode.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I was under the impression it was? At least in sim mode. The CPU is not affected. Could've sworn the qb accuracy was taken into account in sim mode.
One of the devs tweeted about this. This mechanic is the same for every qb this year. Hopefully they look into it for next year.

I for one am very excited for this mechanic. I enjoy games that allow users with stick skills more of an advantage. I'm hoping it's as fun as I expect and keeps me invested in the game longer.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm sort of on the fence about whether or not QB rating should come into play. I think that's something I'll have to determine by using it. I mean if it's a somewhat difficult thing to use and requires a decent amount of precision, then I think it will be fine. But if it's too easy then it will be a problem. I plan on playing some games and using this on EVERY pass play just for some added realism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2017, 07:51 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I agree, but some would say that all NFL QBs are accurate when their feet are set and whne they aren't pressured.

But even still, what about arm strength?
I don't agree with that, as a Bears fan I've seen plenty of QBs in my lifetime that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn even when there is no pressure
Old 08-13-2017, 08:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
It'll be gone next year...but I suspect its the main reason the pass rush was nerfed--you gotta be able to use the shiny new feature, after all.

My issues:

1) With knockouts no longer a thing (a terrible decision, btw) and accuracy generally untouched did the already-powerful passing game really need a steroid?

2) Its in the game because gameplay doesn't have two throws: the back shoulder pass and throw at the back of the endzone....wouldn't it have made more sense to improve/expand lead passing?
I'm sorry but what are knockouts?
Old 08-14-2017, 08:08 AM   #14
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

So basically , "ratings matter" in sim mode unless your using target passing, then you can still use a bum qb and make him look like brady, great. That makes all kinds of sense . Something else sim leagues will end up having to monitor and most likely ban from our leagues . Why cant a qb with low accuracy still throw bad passes even with this mechanic? If they have lower short or mid accuracy , then even if in their mind ( where user places arrow) they are throwing to a spot, they still over/under throw it or throw it off to left or right alittle more then planned?

Once again , one step forward and two back. I really just dont get it .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-14-2017, 08:12 AM   #15
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

This is clearly geared towards the H2H crowd so they can use their button manipulation skill.

Yea that's what I'm going to start referring to it from now on. It's button manipulation skill. There are some people who are very good at pressing buttons on a small plastic controller.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #16
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

My understanding it's not a simple mechanic I was couple of videos where user tried to use mechanic and was sacked and threw very inaccurate passes

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »