Home

Draft pick names in game commentary

This is a discussion on Draft pick names in game commentary within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #33
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draft pick names in game commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimez4days
Hey guys. This name thing is important to me...been playing madden since 92...I’ve been starting my franchise through the play live now feature then continuing...none of the rookies I draft get their name called. When I edit rookies, I only edit their equipment, and their heads if it doesn’t look right...I don’t think this is messing up the audio but I don’t know. Would love some advice or input...
Do you hear them at least call their last name on plays? I'm not completely sure, but I think they need to be one of the draft story players to have additional commentary. You know how when some players get drafted and then Schefter offers commentary on the draft pick? Maybe those players have the additional commentary.

My RB named Ryne Kelley gets called Kelley on most plays. On a scoring play they will go into deeper commentary and call him Deandre *something*. I'm happy there is additional commentary, but I wish it was the correct name. I never changed his draft name. He was a football convert and I drafted him 1st overall. He came in 79 OVR with SS development.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #34
Rookie

I have a LOLB and his last name is Cann (I forgot his first) and they call him Mike Singletary all the time. How can they not say Cann? I also have a RB and his name is Ashley Borough and they call him Blake Bell. Wtf?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-05-2017, 01:45 AM   #35
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I recently drafted a RB named Ryne Kelley. The announcers will say his last name on generic plays like a run or catch. But when he scores or does something big the 2nd commentary kicks in, but the problem is it is the wrong name. I can't pin down the exact last name, but I've saved some videos of it. They call him Deandre Wade/white/W-something. Any idea how to remedy this or do I not edit the name at all and deal with it?
He will always have that secondary audio attached to him no matter what you do. Your options are to rename him to Deandre Wade and have no primary audio, move him to o line or defense since they will still call him Kelly but no secondary audio should kick in since he is no longer a ball carrier, or leave it alone. The secondary audio is position group specific. So you can move ball carriers to o line or d. Move o line to ball carriers and d. Defensive players need to be moved to offense to lose all secondary audio. Sometimes you can just move front 7 to secondary and vice versa to lose secondary audio but not always. The announcers usually still mention the secondary audio if the player is in on a tackle.

Last edited by rplatypus; 11-05-2017 at 01:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #36
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
He will always have that secondary audio attached to him no matter what you do. Your options are to rename him to Deandre Wade and have no primary audio, move him to o line or defense since they will still call him Kelly but no secondary audio should kick in since he is no longer a ball carrier, or leave it alone. The secondary audio is position group specific. So you can move ball carriers to o line or d. Move o line to ball carriers and d. Defensive players need to be moved to offense to lose all secondary audio. Sometimes you can just move front 7 to secondary and vice versa to lose secondary audio but not always. The announcers usually still mention the secondary audio if the player is in on a tackle.
I'd rather lose the secondary audio since I can't pin his exact name down. All I need to do is edit the player to OLine and save and then edit again back to HB and save and the secondary audio will be gone?
Old 11-06-2017, 01:35 AM   #37
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I'd rather lose the secondary audio since I can't pin his exact name down. All I need to do is edit the player to OLine and save and then edit again back to HB and save and the secondary audio will be gone?
He will always have the secondary audio. The announcers won't say the secondary audio if you change his position to o line or d and leave him there. It's a workaround not a fix.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:17 AM   #38
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

They just need to take the name system from FIFA where you can have a name and also have a commentary name. Why do rookies get called legends like Mike Singletary, how does that happen

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 11-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #39
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
He will always have the secondary audio. The announcers won't say the secondary audio if you change his position to o line or d and leave him there. It's a workaround not a fix.
Thanks. Not even much of a workaround if you have to permanently change positions.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #40
Rookie

No, I had a tight end named Hudson Dennis, a WR named Deshaun Johnson, and al OLB names Demarcus barber...all names I thought would get called but nope. Thought it might be a patch update problem or something. At least they don’t say “big tight end” or dangerous wide receiver, they just kind of generally say “the rookie Wr, or tailback” I’ll monitor it to see if it continues.

I did notice on the off line franchise that they almost always pronounce the names. We’ll see...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »